it'll be a weebit strange to see matthews

nodnarb

i hope he does well...cuz if he stinks up the field, teams are going to start thinking of hitting drew a little harder next time...we'd have no one to field, and everyone knows it.

but i'm gonna stick to the optimism thing. drew won't get hurt, and TB and JPL will be pupped, preserving the roster spots. If matthews shows something, they'll have a tough time choosing the cut: matthews or TBrown. It'll probably be Matthews. So somewhere around week 6, when both our guys come off the pup, what the hell will we tell Matthews? ' Thanks, Buh-bye? '

it's a real roster predicament, methinks.

i hope he does well...cuz if he stinks up the field, teams are going to start thinking of hitting drew a little harder next time...we'd have no one to field, and everyone knows it.

but i'm gonna stick to the optimism thing. drew won't get hurt, and TB and JPL will be pupped, preserving the roster spots. If matthews shows something, they'll have a tough time choosing the cut: matthews or TBrown. It'll probably be Matthews. So somewhere around week 6, when both our guys come off the pup, what the hell will we tell Matthews? ' Thanks, Buh-bye? '

12804[/snapback]

TD and MM have already publicly announced they are keeping four quarterbacks on the active roster. There is no crime in telling Matthews, when he is no longer needed, buh-bye. If he plays great, or much better then expected, then and only then would they consider cutting Brown for Matthews, but I truly doubt it. Matthews is gone as soon as TB is ready to play.

12804[/snapback]

I doubt teams were shaking at the prospect of facing AVP the last 2 years, so I doubt they put anything extra into hitting DB, not that he can't take a hit with the best of them. I do like Matthews as a backup more than Brown, on the off chance he had to play.