LA Coliseum hurting financially

Just Jack

There was talk of using the Coliseum until a new stadium could be built for the expansion/relocated NFL teams, this could hurt that plan...

http://www.latimes.com/news/la-me-coliseum-commission-20111231,0,4633717,full.story

Three other Coliseum managers and employees have gone on leave or left the stadium's employment after The Times' investigation questioned the propriety of their financial dealings. All deny wrongdoing. How a multimillion-dollar scandal at such a high-profile venue could go undetected for so long is not entirely clear. But the groundwork for alleged abuse lay in a history of clumsy stewardship, inattentiveness by commission members and a cozy relationship between Lynch and his overseers. The commission was empowered to safeguard the interests of the state, county and city. But it became more of a sportsmen's club than a watchdog. "The place was on autopilot," said mall developer Rick Caruso, who resigned as a commissioner earlier this year. He was often a lone voice in challenging Lynch, with scant results. "There was no accountability." The Coliseum is now so broke that it is unable to make upgrades promised in its lease with USC, whose football Trojans are the stadium's main tenant. As a result, the panel is about to turn over day-to-day control of the taxpayer-owned property to the private school.

There was talk of using the Coliseum until a new stadium could be built for the expansion/relocated NFL teams, this could hurt that plan...

http://www.latimes.com/news/la-me-coliseum-commission-20111231,0,4633717,full.story

Three other Coliseum managers and employees have gone on leave or left the stadium's employment after The Times' investigation questioned the propriety of their financial dealings. All deny wrongdoing. How a multimillion-dollar scandal at such a high-profile venue could go undetected for so long is not entirely clear. But the groundwork for alleged abuse lay in a history of clumsy stewardship, inattentiveness by commission members and a cozy relationship between Lynch and his overseers. The commission was empowered to safeguard the interests of the state, county and city. But it became more of a sportsmen's club than a watchdog. "The place was on autopilot," said mall developer Rick Caruso, who resigned as a commissioner earlier this year. He was often a lone voice in challenging Lynch, with scant results. "There was no accountability." The Coliseum is now so broke that it is unable to make upgrades promised in its lease with USC, whose football Trojans are the stadium's main tenant. As a result, the panel is about to turn over day-to-day control of the taxpayer-owned property to the private school.

The NFL is hell bent on that market. I say as long as it's not the Bills going there,Go for it. Because it's going to fail sooner or later.

Doesn't the coliseum hold a 100,000? yea talk about local black outs.

Prove to me that the NFL is "hell bent" for LA. SOCAL is so yesterday, IMHO.

The Brady Bunch left there years ago!

Sorry, it wasn't a little more clear, or maybe English is a second language for you? i said The NFL wants a team in the 2nd largest market in the US.

Sorry if that is news to you.

I said nothing in regards to SOCAL and whether its hip, "so yesterday", nor do i give a chit about its current status

Thanks for the Brady Bunch update, never caught the show but it must have been popular.