Got hooked on another HBO series...Bored to Death

The Poojer

while not side splittingly funny, it is pretty bizarre and funny. Jim(?) Schwartzman, Zach Galifinakis and Ted Danson are all very good in this...i got through season 1 yesterday, starting season 2 today...Ted Danson really steals the shows...it's definitely not as dynamic a series as Dexter, Breaking Bad or Soprano's, more along the lines of Entourage, just a pretty funny half hour series...if you are looking for a nice distraction, i recommend this...not worth giving a synopsis as it won't really entice anyone to watch it....

Edited by The Poojer

oh crap...but i guess i can understand...its been 3 seasons and i am just learning of it...and i try to stay apprised of things...i even have hbo, which admittedly, I rarely watch...

forgot to add that oliver platt is also a great addition to the cast....

I like it a lot too. It gets better as it goes along. The team of Danson, Galifiniakis and Schwartzman is awesome and hilarious. Unfortunately HBO just canceled it. So that's it after 3 seasons.

I watched it a few times ZG and Danson were good in it, but I don't find Schwartzman funny. It doesn't surprise me that it was canceled, but there are way worse shows on that should have been canceled before this.....

Like 2 Broke Girls on CBS. Unwatchable.

Like 2 Broke Girls on CBS. Unwatchable.

I can't say I have watched a full episode of it, but from what i saw, I would take repeats of Ashton Kutcher 2 1/2 men then that show. The blonde isn't hot, the other one is annoying, so much so that her large rack can't even make up for it, and the supporting characters where just horrible......

But if you look at who one of the producers is of the show, Whitney Cummings, it probably won't get canceled early because she seems to be someone they are trying to make popular now and push

But if you look at who one of the producers is of the show, Whitney Cummings, it probably won't get canceled early because she seems to be someone they are trying to make popular now and push

Speaking of not funny... Sheesh.

If forced, I'd much rather watch Zooey Deschanel's show.

Speaking of not funny... Sheesh.

If forced, I'd much rather watch Zooey Deschanel's show.

The only reason I had even heard of her before was because of the Comedy Central Roasts, which she was on a couple of recent ones. I think they are trying to make her the "slightly cleaner, but kinda edgy" female comic. Kind of like the middle ground of say Ellen Degenres and Lisa Lampinelli. She is one of those woman, like Zooey Deschanel, that I can't decide if they are attractive or not. Zooey Deschannel looks kinda cute, but then she talks and it all goes away.........