An Optimist's View of the Bills Collapse

Yea well, tell that to Dick Jauron who had 3 years of 7-9 along with loads of injuries every year

Tell that to the Packers who had 19 players on IR last year and still won the SB

Tell that short off season story to the SF 49ers who just hired a new HC with a new staff and is 11-3, top 5 defense, and they are doing it with a recycled scrub QB that was labeled a wasted #1 draft pick.

Number one the niners have 7 of 11 first round picks on defense. Giving you some idea of their roster when NFL network did a Seahawks Cardinals game last year they asked the players which team had the most talent in the division 22 guys asked 18 said 49ers. They were the classic case of a poorly coached team last year. The defense doesn't play Alex Smith he's on the offense and the offense is not very good.

Secondly the Packers have had 5 years to build up there depth with Rogers- they weren't great last year going 3-3 against playoff teams. They got hot at the end of the year and to their credit they rode it out. Outside of Finley and Grant and I'll throw in Nick Barnett the Packer injuries weren't the best players they have. Morgan Burnett starts now but was one of 6 guys in their rookie or second year. As well as such no name players as Justin Harrell, Spencer Havner, Brad Jones, Derrick Martin, Mike Neal, Marshall Newhouse, Anthony Smith, Josh Bell, these weren't the players that make them go. You've already seen Greg Jennings out kills the Packers ole Jordy isn't a number one. But they do have Finley to help. In short their depth is good but the injuries they had last year were not to guys they even counted on contributing minus the top three I mentioned. The one injury to Jennings hurts more than "all" the injuries last year

Number one the niners have 7 of 11 first round picks on defense. Giving you some idea of their roster when NFL network did a Seahawks Cardinals game last year they asked the players which team had the most talent in the division 22 guys asked 18 said 49ers. They were the classic case of a poorly coached team last year. The defense doesn't play Alex Smith he's on the offense and the offense is not very good.

Secondly the Packers have had 5 years to build up there depth with Rogers- they weren't great last year going 3-3 against playoff teams. They got hot at the end of the year and to their credit they rode it out. Outside of Finley and Grant and I'll throw in Nick Barnett the Packer injuries weren't the best players they have. Morgan Burnett starts now but was one of 6 guys in their rookie or second year. As well as such no name players as Justin Harrell, Spencer Havner, Brad Jones, Derrick Martin, Mike Neal, Marshall Newhouse, Anthony Smith, Josh Bell, these weren't the players that make them go. You've already seen Greg Jennings out kills the Packers ole Jordy isn't a number one. But they do have Finley to help. In short their depth is good but the injuries they had last year were not to guys they even counted on contributing minus the top three I mentioned. The one injury to Jennings hurts more than "all" the injuries last year

You just proved what a good HC can do with a team over a bad HC, plus I was countering the OP's claim about the short off season!

It still doesn't change the fact that this bills team sucks, its coaches suck more then anything. bad play calls, bad game plans, bad decisions.

You don't think the Seahawks are loving it that they got an ex- #1 pick who has 1000 + yards rushing ***and 11 TD, the #8 RB in the league for a lousy 4th rounder? Stupid decision!

The man reason why Lee Evans didn't have great stats the last few years is because Fitz hasn't been able to get him the ball very often, the Bills have had no deep passing game simply because the QB doesn't have the time in the pocket to throw 5-7 step drop back passes.

So the morons that run this team decided to get rid of Evans (a #1 pick for a 4th) and offer no adequate replacement, so now the short passing game won't work because the team has no viable deep threat to stop opposing defenses from jamming the LoS.

It bothers me that most fans keep pointing at Fitz as the problem, when they don't realize it would be even worse without him or a rookie in there. The problem is this coaching staff, on both sides of the ball....well the real problem is the owner, but he refuses to sell or step down as pres.

Edited by Fear the Beard