The coach that saved Aaron Mabin's NFL career -

The Senator

I don't care what his stats say, Maybin sucks, end of story. Sure he has had some success coming in purely to Blitz in passing situations. He is basically a glorified Blitzing DB, he is not a real full time LB and could never even come close to being one.

For the Jets he was a worthwhile pickup off the garbage heap. The Bills made the right move in not paying his 1st round pick salaray...

Oh yeah, to answer "why can't the Bills find LB coaches like this?" is easy...MONEY...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

philosophical post warning!

one thing that gets lost in sports discussions, is the human element to the game.

aaron maybin isn't "a football player" only... he's a human being. to reduce it to something as simple as - he was bad in buffalo, he's good in new york, the bills suck, the jets are champions, discounts everything else that could possibly have gone into this.

for instance: i've gotten a bad review at a job before - basically been told my work ethic wasn't up to par. i took it hard, but i worked my ass of to improve, and now am in terrific standing with the company and continually promoted and given more responsibilities.

maybin was, and still is, a kid. his time in buffalo was more than likely the first time in his entire life he was ever told he wasn't good enough. the guy may have been battling some serious personal demons.

mentally, he may have quit here. HIMSELF. not because of the coaches, but just from being basically a few years removed from being a teenager, and having his heart broken at his first job.

you don't have to "let it go" or "get over it" per se. but the fact of the matter is, he was no good as a football player when he was here, and the bills cut their losses. good on him for improving, but i think it has little to do with a particular jets coach, or scheme, or their defense, or our coordinators.

in this case, he needed a fresh start, he got a fresh start, he's producing.

philosophical post warning!

one thing that gets lost in sports discussions, is the human element to the game.

aaron maybin isn't "a football player" only... he's a human being. to reduce it to something as simple as - he was bad in buffalo, he's good in new york, the bills suck, the jets are champions, discounts everything else that could possibly have gone into this.

Jets are champions? of what, the hype bowl? The Bills were one Stevie Johnson drop away from squashing their playoff hopes...

Edited by Turbosrrgood