Haley is gone, and then we should . . .

billswi2000

I'm with you on both counts. I've been preaching that Gailey has to get an OC and nobody's listening. He cannot efficiently manage the game, call the offensive plays, oversee the defense and STs. He's in over his head and he needs to admit it and bring in an OC who he gives play calling responsibility to.

We don't need to talk about the DC, that horse is done beat to death.

What I don't get is that if Fitzy is so smart, and apparently knows the playbook in his sleep, then why is Gailey calling plays at all? You think Peyton Manning was getting his plays from the sidelines? I'm NOT suggesting Fitz is Peyton Manning, but why not? Why not have Fitz calling his own shots?

Anyway, Edwards needs to go. Gailey, and Nix I can give another season too, but GE is an awful coach!

Tim-

I like Coach Gailey too but I don't think he's doing his finest work right now.

I agree with those who say we need "another voice in the room" as far as game planning, play calling, etc.

The basic fundamental question is:

Would you rather have one person of unquestioned authority calling the shots or two or more people, both equally expert, debating and collaborating on a game plan?

More directly, what is it that OC Curtis Modkins actually does? Does he give any true, significant input or is he simply a "yes man."

That leads to the question, What is Dave Wannstedt's role?

The injury explanation only goes so far. Something isn't right with the coaching right now.

I like Coach Gailey too but I don't think he's doing his finest work right now.

I agree with those who say we need "another voice in the room" as far as game planning, play calling, etc.

The basic fundamental question is:

Would you rather have one person of unquestioned authority calling the shots or two or more people, both equally expert, debating and collaborating on a game plan?

More directly, what is it that OC Curtis Modkins actually does? Does he give any true, significant input or is he simply a "yes man."

That leads to the question, What is Dave Wannstedt's role?

The injury explanation only goes so far. Something isn't right with the coaching right now.

Demote Gailey to OC.

Move Wanny to DC.

Demote Edwards to LB coach.

Demote Modkins to QB coach.

Co-Head coaches. Buffalo Bills football.

The Bills need to fire Edwards, commit to a 4-3(screw this hybrid crap), lineup Williams and Dareus at DT, and build a defense around them.

...and no, I am not talking about Jauron's cover 2 with 220 pound LB's, and 240 pound DE's.

Yup. And you know who loves him a 4-3? Wanny.

Carrington, Williams, Dareus, Edwards = a pretty tough ass line. With Johnson, Kelsay, Troupe, and Heard in rotation I'd say we'd be "set" up front.

We've got the safeties.

We need one more CB.

We're pretty decent at MLB, now all of a sudden we're two LB's away from having a defense that can actually impose its will...

With proper FA (no lockouts this year, hopefully), and by getting the few missing pieces on offense through the draft (LT, WR), suddenly this team doesn't look so bad.

But the first change is Wanny to full-time DC.

Edited by The Big Cat

Right now Tony Sparno fired as Dolphins HC also, and Todd Bowles the defensive secondary coach was named interim HC!

If I'm not mistaken Mike Nolan is the DC of the Dolphins and has established himself as one of the best DC's to run the 3-4 defense.. Nolan might be slightly upset at the Dolphins for making Bowles the interim, if at the end of the season he isn't given the HC job then Nolan might be available to be the assistant HC / DC for some other team :devil:

PS. You guys keep bringing up Wannstache as the new DC, scuse me but wth has he done to help this defense this season? He was hired to help Edwards, I don't see a significant improvement anywhere to promote him.

Edited by Fear the Beard