The 3 Most Noticeable Flaws On The Field

Got_Wood

These are the biggest issues I see on the field, from a fans perspective. Leave all of this front office talk out of the conversation for now. This is purely a performance evaluation that any fan can see in plain sight.

1. Lack of Leadership on the Field & Sidelines

- This has a lot to do with Kyle Williams, Eric Wood, and Freddy Jackson being out for the season. Those guys are true team leaders out there on both sides of the ball. But they're gone, and the only guys that motivate people out there are George Wilson and Stevie Johnson. Ryan Fitzpatrick is simply not a leader. He may lead by example and work ethic, but he doesn't motivate the players. He's a quiet guy, and mostly keeps to himself on the sidelines. That is one of his biggest flaws, and it hurts this team.

2. Costly Mistakes

- Drive halting interceptions can alter the momentum of a game in a big way. Fitz has GOT TO stop throwing the ball up for grabs. His 2 interceptions yesterday were daggers in the heart of this team. All hope flies out the window when you do things like that. And it doesn't help when Fitz runs to the sideline and sits with his head hanging down on the bench by himself. Would any top tier QB in this league do that??

3. A Defense Confused and Players Out of Position

- This is more than frustrating. Watching Kelsay and Johnson play OLB is the most maddening thing a fan can watch. They have no speed, they can't cover a fullback if they tried, they look lost, and they can't hold the edge on run plays. What the hell is going on here??? In addition to this, our DB's play 8 yards off of receivers and allow QB's to march down the field on us all day. There is no such thing as a hybrid defense. Nix and Edwards simply put a group of guys together that don't match whatever defensive philosophy they're trying to accomplish here. We've got FOUR middle linebackers on this team (Barnett, Sheppard, Morrison, and Davis), and ZERO outside linebackers (Moats has potential, but that's it). Are you kidding me??

This is the NFL. You can't afford to make mistakes that make you look less organized than a high school team. Every phase of the game has looked bad out there for the past 6 weeks. Moorman can't punt, we can't return a kickoff or punt for more than 5 yards, our defense is getting trampled, and this offense has hit a wall. What gives fellas?!?!

We better lock up Stevie Johnson soon. If we lose this guy, we are toast.

1.) Defensive play calling that relies on the front four to generate pressure but incorporates narry a stunt, twist or anything that might even remotely confuse an offensive line or create any kind of havoc, whatsoever. We ran one stunt yesterday. The result: a sack for Dareus. :wallbash:

2.) A "big play" running back that can't break tackles from DB's.

3.) The second best receiver on the afternoon (Derek Hagan)has played with three teams since week one and has been a part of THIS franchise for 20 days (to date).

3.) The second best receiver on the afternoon (Derek Hagan)has played with three teams since week one and has been a part of THIS franchise for 20 days (to date).

This is another frustrating element to this team. Gailey refuses to adjust the offense to his personnel. Our best players on the offensive roster right now are Johnson, Nelson, Spiller, and McIntyre (and Chandler when healthy). Why do we keep trying to plug in guys off the street at receiver and keep the spread going?? Line up in a pro style offense and adjust to the players you've got. Cut the BS, you can't rely on Derek Hagan and Lee Smith to come up with plays for you. These guys can barely make an NFL roster, let alone be the focus of your offense.

So, I guess there are 4 major flaws at least on the surface.

2. Lack of talent

You can't use this argument if you're Nix. You are the GM, you bring in players. We're way under the cap, so there was room to add. This is your team, if there is a lack of talent then he needs to hold himself responsible.

These are the biggest issues I see on the field, from a fans perspective. Leave all of this front office talk out of the conversation for now. This is purely a performance evaluation that any fan can see in plain sight.

1. Lack of Leadership on the Field & Sidelines

- This has a lot to do with Kyle Williams, Eric Wood, and Freddy Jackson being out for the season. Those guys are true team leaders out there on both sides of the ball. But they're gone, and the only guys that motivate people out there are George Wilson and Stevie Johnson. Ryan Fitzpatrick is simply not a leader. He may lead by example and work ethic, but he doesn't motivate the players. He's a quiet guy, and mostly keeps to himself on the sidelines. That is one of his biggest flaws, and it hurts this team.

2. Costly Mistakes

- Drive halting interceptions can alter the momentum of a game in a big way. Fitz has GOT TO stop throwing the ball up for grabs. His 2 interceptions yesterday were daggers in the heart of this team. All hope flies out the window when you do things like that. And it doesn't help when Fitz runs to the sideline and sits with his head hanging down on the bench by himself. Would any top tier QB in this league do that??

3. A Defense Confused and Players Out of Position

- This is more than frustrating. Watching Kelsay and Johnson play OLB is the most maddening thing a fan can watch. They have no speed, they can't cover a fullback if they tried, they look lost, and they can't hold the edge on run plays. What the hell is going on here??? In addition to this, our DB's play 8 yards off of receivers and allow QB's to march down the field on us all day. There is no such thing as a hybrid defense. Nix and Edwards simply put a group of guys together that don't match whatever defensive philosophy they're trying to accomplish here. We've got FOUR middle linebackers on this team (Barnett, Sheppard, Morrison, and Davis), and ZERO outside linebackers (Moats has potential, but that's it). Are you kidding me??

This is the NFL. You can't afford to make mistakes that make you look less organized than a high school team. Every phase of the game has looked bad out there for the past 6 weeks. Moorman can't punt, we can't return a kickoff or punt for more than 5 yards, our defense is getting trampled, and this offense has hit a wall. What gives fellas?!?!

We better lock up Stevie Johnson soon. If we lose this guy, we are toast.

Those are excellent choices but it really comes down to one major flaw:

When you have a defensive scheme that never stops an opposing offense then the rest of the team will lost its ability to go out and win games. I really believe the talent is there to at least on occasion cause a few three and out's but EDWARDS just doesn't know what he is doing.

I have never had a season when I felt so disconnected from my team. Maybe the early start when everyone was healthy is responsible but I can't watch them ...

I think we needed Merriman more than we realized as an on-field cheer leader and inspiration. He could coach better than the crew we have now. Where's the pride? Where's the agressiveness? When we stopped the Chargers before the fake punt it seemed like the D was fired up but then they just slumped back.

1. THE OFFENSE 2. THE DEFENSE 3.SPECIAL TEAMS

You mean the coaching staff of each of those units.

Where is the QB coach to give guidance to Fitz.

Where has the play calling gone. Why not use your 4 best WRs rather than having 7 on the field. I think Johnson, Nelson, Chandler and Smith are way better than the rest of that crowd.

What has happened to the once proud Special Teams. Bruce DeHaven is way over his time...Time to retire from the game.

Edwards - Enough said!

Edited by ganesh