ALOT LEARNED FROM 2011

robert cohen

alot has been learned this.. our oline is not the biggest whole on team, we have a stud in freddy and i think spiller is showing he can be a solid player in he gets more touches and bills give him ball more next yr..

NEXT YR:

pretty obviously, this season is done.. but we MUST resign freddy and stevie and get stevie another WR in FA, not draft.. we have alot of young WR's we need a guy thats been there and has it in him to be a true deep threat and a possible 1000 yr WR. between FA pick and stevie u have 2 VERY solid WR and with nelson in slot we have a solid receiving core.. with chan';s style of offense, we need the right QB to make plays consistently.. this is the yr WE MUST draft a QB in 1st round.. there r 3 QB's that as guys that would be #1 overall picks in they didnt come out in same yr. luck is out of question but barkley and RG3 and legit... these kids are playmakers, have the arm and pedigree to make all NFL throw and more importantly, they r cocky and are leaders.. a QB needs to lead.. fitz is a great football mind and is the PERFECT qb to groom a 1st round kid under. he would help him improve and read plays on the sideline.. we wouldnt pull a favre and intentionally not take rodgers under his wing for selfish reasons.. our offense is average this yr and with the success rookie QB are having this, ponder to a degree.. cam and dalton have been phenominal and locker looked like a stud out there yesterday. only major miss so far is gabbert. barkley and rg3 are easily above everyone outside of newton and i think RG3 is a better version of a newton. Chandler has shown he is good enough to play TE for us and we add 3 new oline for depth and maybe 1 a FA.

Defence...

we have a few key places in place but this D is beyond pathetic.. its embarassing to see teams going up and down field and us making every QB look like brees or rodgers just picking us apart at will. we need a new D-coordinator, go back to a 4-3 and our dline is 3/4 set. williams, darues are studs, kelsay is serviceable as a 4-3 DE , carrington johnson and rest of those bums to duke it out for depth and we must draft a 4-3 passrusher DE and a passrushing OLB..

DRAFT: crucial... 1st round QB.. we will be in top 10, we just need one of those 3 QB's to fall.. im not as crazy about landry jones but i believe chan's system is not a very complex offense.. alot of 1-2 reads and finding hot route.. fitz would mentor the kid to teach him how to read a D and would be like having another QB coach on the kid but we need a bigtime talent at QB.. im keeping my fingers crossed that barkley or RG3 will fall to us but jones would be suffiient. rest of D, DDDDDDDDDDDDD. fast , athletic playmakers from schools that play good D.. guys have been productive and have winner attitudes.. shepp looks like a keeper, barnett is very good and secondary would look alot better with a pass rush.. we def. could use another CB but may be spot for FA..

to sum up.. we need the right FA WR, depth at oline and draft a QB and strictly D and one oline in draft.. i think doing this which is realistic knowing our front offense, to make 2-3 moves in FA and rely on draft... only issue is we have buddy as our drafter.. i wish he had one of the younger, innovative minds that understand football is not the way it was back in buddy's days... guys like tebow are suceeding cuz they are able to be different and do special things. we need a legit 1st round pick qb and those are rare when ur not picking top 3 but this yr is so deep at QB , we can probably get a real stud and face of the franchise for next 15 yrs.. much easier to build a team when u have the most important player in ALL of sports, not just football.. a STUD QB

i also think with package out extra 4th and our 2nd to get back in 1st round at 20ish and get a kid like upshaw.. we desperately need a pass rusher and qb this... i wish we had a wheeling and dealing FO to make a bold move in draft.. we have alot of key guys in place.. on O we resign Freddy, resign Stevie, have a few good young WR's, 2 studs on oline in levitre and wood who has health issues but was a pro bowl level C and pears has been solid and between bell and hairston with another yr under his belt i even think we are fine in all our starters on oline but we need depth there so bad. no position gets hurt as much as OLINE, u need depth there cuz then u have bums come in and 1 big negative play kills a full drive.

If we have a shot at Barkley/RG3, we must pull the trigger.I'm not yet ready to dump Fitz but hopefully we'll be picking outside of the top ten next year so now will be our chance to once and for all solidify the QB position with a true franchise stud.

Fitz cannot hit the long ball and his accuracy is mediocre. I believe we can win with him but he is not a franchise qb. I would love to have a qb with a rocket arm and pin point accuracy and who would be better to sit behind than Fitz.

its beyond neccesary to draft a top 10 QB.. our D looks horrible but its alot easier to fix that some might think.. i think based on our players alone with a real offeseason and getting healthy is not below a 20th ranked D.. top notch first round qb's have not been huge busts like some used to.. the percentage on them to succeding is better than ever with the way the game has evolved and noy to mention gailey really had done wonders with a guy as un talented as fitz.. u get fitz to mentor the kid, maybe even have fitz start season to ease the rookie in.. fitz is a classic gentleman, and would not take it personally like most diva like bledsoe and favre.. he would welcome the challenge. our D with 2 GOOD pass rushers, which are obtainable in 2nd round and 3rd round and maybe throw a vet in there 2.

Dareus, williams, barnett, shepp, both our safeties and backup safeties are good. we could use another solid corner cuz mcgee just cant stay healthy and is as good as gone. we need a little depth and possibly 1 starting caliber Oline.. Rb is fine with freddy and spiller. DESPERATELY need a wing man for stevie.. id be happier than a pig in **** if FO has balls to pay desean jackson or vincent jackson.. with chandler at 6'7 and having much better hands than anyone thought, we actually have a real TE since Metz. nelson, roosevelt, parrish who i hope wont be back) possibly aiken witha yr under his belt or even haggan makes up a solid and diverse corp of guys to throw too. Rookie qb's can succeed with the right tools around him. WE have the tools on O just lack consistency.. just look at the pass by fitz to haggan.. hagan could have danced into endzone if that ball was 10 YARDS under thrown. if that ball was 10 yards deeper its a game changing TD. fitz is solid enough for now, but not gonna lead us to glory.. a first round QB isnt a financial risk like a few yrs ago.. if we can get in top 7-8 we should land barkley or rg3 and either of those guys would be our long term answer and probably short term option as well. Gailey's offense is so simple to run for a QB.. first and second reads, and get ball out quick.. u get a guy thats got a strong arm, the leadership skills and the accuracy , ur all set.. not to mention if u get griffin, u can run.. fitz scrambled alot yesterday, RG3 would have had 70 yards rushing in that was him running.

WE need that QB, and id be aggressive in draft to get a stud on D.. a top flight pass rusher which can be had in 20's.. we have alot of picks this yr, why not package and 2nd and 4th and get back in first round. our second will be a good second, so value of pick isnt too big and teams that are drafting in 20's are playoff teams and most need more young talent and need to stock pile picks like pats do. this part i think im asking old man buddy cuz he doesnt have the balls to pull that off, but a solid WR in free agency.. oline depth and 1 starter on d thru free agency isnt too much to ask for and just re sign our big 2 in freddy and stevie.. this all fits teams cheap motto and getting a 1st round qb that can be cornerstone for franchise for yrs to come. last yr, there was no QB outside of newton worthy of our pick in 1st.. this yr there are 3-4 if u wanna include jones

Hey OP, one word: paragraphs!

We don't need anymore small WRs, like Desean Jackson. I would love Vincent Jackson but would rather spend the dough on either/both Cortland Finnegan and Anthony Spencer. Besides, no way we sign two #1 receiver contracts and I'd rather pay SJ, who has impeccable route running skills and got the best of Revis this year.

If Barkley/RG3 are both gone when we pick, I want WR Jeffery or best OT available since there is no Von Miller-esque LB in the top ten, and we would be reaching to take one. Then, round out the draft with all defenders.

Edited by It's in My Blood

i agree with most of that.

draft priority should be qb, then olb - not just a pass rusher - a good all around olb that can cover. moats should be able to handle being a situational pass rusher with the right coaching (i hope).

the rest of the draft should be bpa. the starting lineup before the injuries was not all that bad. they need depth and competition.

a left tackle would be nice, but i dont want to count on picking a starting lt in round 3.

re: free agency - talented veteran WR. and let's see if brad smith can make a conversion to full time WR. they should also be in the market for a corner. then look for players at any position with the "intangibles." be they guys that come from winning teams, guys that are vocal, guys that can school the younger prospects, whatever. an attitude adjustment can go a long way.

and edwards has to go. the defense has no identity, and edwards's schemes neutralize the talent thats there.

We don't need anymore small WRs, like Desean Jackson. I would love Vincent Jackson but would rather spend the dough on either/both Cortland Finnegan and Anthony Spencer. Besides, no way we sign two #1 receiver contracts and I'd rather pay SJ, who has impeccable route running skills and got the best of Revis this year.

If Barkley/RG3 are both gone when we pick, I want WR Jeffery or best OT available since there is no Von Miller-esque LB in the top ten, and we would be reaching to take one. Then, round out the draft with all defenders.

we have plenty of size at WR. nelson is 6'5 chandler is 6'7 even stevie is a good size.. we need somone that can spread d. jeffery would be an upgraded nelson which is good but we need a VETERAN deep threat. a guy that forces D to be honest so our short stuff works more efficiently.. meachem, vincent jackson, even desean would be perfect, i dont care about his size.. hes the best deep threat in game and is a young steve smith.. completely nuts, but pure talent.. cuz of all his problems in philly dont think it would be overly expensive.. i have no problem paying him and stevie.. we have the cap room and in ur head coach is a offensive guy.. he needs the RIGHT weapons.. we have no guy that scares a D.. johnson would be more suited to be a 1B WR and sign another 1B.. id rather have that than a clear one and clear 2.. keeps D's guessing who's gonna get ball, not to mention freddy out of backfield, chandler showing he can move chains and a reliable slot guy in nelson... thats a pretty solid O with a talented top notch rookie QB.

We can get D in 2nd and 3rd and find a guy like hairston in 4th and then just draft solid depth.. sign a solid veteran defensive leader agian like we did in barnett who was one of best signing in yrs. between him leading LB corp and dareus and williams leading D in a 4-3 as both DT, our front will look much better with a good draft and 1 or 2 good signings. will buddy have the balls.. i doubt..

as much as tom donahoe screwed up, at least he took chances to mkae team better. he created more buzz in the bledsoe trade than we have had since kelly. brought in guys like fletch, TKO etc..

PLEASE FIX OUR QB. i love fitz, but as a top notch BACKUP

I agree with this. Is it really so unreasonable to expect people to make some effort in forming coherent sentences and paragraphs? The occasional typo or punctuation error (commas outside of quotation marks, etc.) are fine, but reading a post like this is just tough on the eyes.

It is so early to talk about the draft already... but, I am of the opinion that we need to take a QB if he is available with the top pick. If he isn't - I say trade down, if you can, into the twenties, and pick up another 2nd, maybe a 2nd and 4th.

With those picks we could really get some good late first, early second round OLB's - or, think of it, a later 1st, two 2nds, one of which is very early, a third, two 4ths - with those type picks, we could be landing, potentially, 4 starters and a QB to groom - because, if we don't get the Barkley/Griffin III/Landry there will be QB's in the second round that could end up being very viable starters, like Dalton quality guys.

I think there will be near 6 QB's potentially, in this coming draft, who could go first 2 rounds. Luck, Barkley, Landry Jones, Griffin III - all potentially in the first. Then I think you'll see other guys who are now considered 3-5th round picks climbing up, like Dalton did, after all the pre-draft analysis. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tannehill, Foles, Kellen Moore, Keenum, and Kirk Cousins group of QB's produce a few 2nd rounders. Anyway - that is between 7 to 10 Qb's that could have potential to start in the NFL sometime in the next few years, which is why I say, if the great one isn't there high, trade back, if possible, and load up on other talent and still get a QB. I know - I really want a true, elite QB. But, if we just cannot land one because they're gone, then I think Gailey could work wonders with a guy like Kellen Moore, or Tannehill.