Some observations about the game/season

jahnyc

1. The Bills are not going to win giving up 187 rushing yards at home. It has been two years, and our coaches cannot figure out how to stop the run on a consistent basis.

2. It was depressing watching McKelvin returning kicks and punts realizing that these was the only situations the coaches felt comfortable putting him on the field for. When he played on defense after replacing an injured player, the Titans immediately went after him. I doubt he will be back next season. Another horrible first round selection.

3. Did Carrington do anything today? I did not think Sheppard played well today, getting blocked on some of the long running plays and out of position or too slow on some of the pass plays. I am starting to get worried about our first and second year players. It seems to me that many times young players will make an immediate and noticeable impact. I remember Winfield did this in his first year, shutting down the opposing team's slot receiver. I am not seeing this with many of our young players. Maybe this is partly due to the lack of talent around them.

4. Still not convinced about Pears and Hairston as starting tackles.

5. Is Dareus a fit in the 3-4 defense? Is he a tackle? Does not seem to have the right skill set to be a defensive end.

6. I like Gailley, but five losses in a row is tough in his second year as coach. We need some positive momentum heading into the offseason.

7. I think the interior of our offensive line is set, assuming that Woods recovers this offseason.

8. I would like to hear more often from Nix. Seems like he has not talked to the media during this slide.