[closed]It's the injuries stupid

major

Way back in the 1992 election, Bill Clinton's staff coined the famous phrase, "It's the economy stupid". I feel our season can be summed up in a similar way: "It's the injuries stupid". In my opinion, had we not had so many injuries, we would still be in the playoff hunt. That being said, we do need to release Edwards as DC and evaluate our strength and conditioning program. I'm sad the season turned out the way it did but the injuries did kill us.

I agree about the injuries playing a major factor in the season going south as it has, and also agree 100% that Edwards is a major factor in the team's inability to stop anyone on any drive in any game this or last year. I'll raise you one more point though, that even at full strength, this team is still another player or 2 away from being a true playoff contender, and if you limit that to just 2 more impact players, it would have to be 1 deep threat receiver, and 1 serious pass rusher. I'm not saying 1 or 2 away from being a powerhouse, I'm just suggesting those to additional weapons would actually push this team into the post season.