The injuries shouldn't make that much of a difference

Virgil

Yes, we have a lot of injuries. Yes, we have lost some key positions. But no, based off what we are building our future off of and where are draft picks are going, we shouldn't be this bad still.

Look at the D-Line. Yes, we lost Kyle Williams. But we have the 3rd overall pick at DT, 3rd Round Pick Alex Carrington at DE, and FA target Dwan Edwards on the other DE. These are all people from the new regime. Yet, we lose Kyle Williams and we are back to being a treadmill for opposing runningbacks? And excuse my next statement, were we any better with Kyle in there?

LB's - I hate to say it, cause I can't stand him, but Kelsay is actually playing well. Barnett is still healthy. We have 3rd rounder Sheppard in there, and what did Merriman do when he was healthy. We have fan favorite Moats and whoever else rotating in. That's really only 1 out of 4 positions where we aren't playing with the people we were supposed to.

DB's - Injuries have created a rotation, but up until last week we had Byrd and Wilson in there. Searcy was drafted for depth and is playing now. Between Florence, McGee, McKelvin, and Williams, 2 of the 4 have played every week and we haven't been getting burned by any #3's.

Yes, we have people out on D, but tell me where we don't have the people our regime brought in and told us to have faith in. And yeah, we have gotten blown out the last 3 games.

On offense, I'll give you the line injuries. But in all fairness, even this game didn't look that bad besides the bad snaps. I'm not saying we are gonna pound the ball, but we didn't when we started 3-0 either. We had a system that made us look better than we were and that's been figured out. In the end, say what you want, but this isn't the reason we are getting whupped. Freddy Jackson isn't the reason either. Fitz isn't hurt. We have the same WR's, at least we did until today, that allowed us to trade Evans. So what's the deal? I believe we did overachieve with our guys early, but this is the team we were told could win.

At the end of the day, I'm sorry, but the injuries are not an excuse to me. Not to the level we are getting beaten. I have no choice to blame the coaching and Nix because this is the team they wanted out on the field. And I'm not saying we can't lose. But, we aren't even competitive out there right now. Our wins, besides the Chiefs and Redskins, were a matter of the clock running out.

At what point do I stop losing faith in Nix and Gailey?