Who is responsible for the collapse and how do we fix it?

Come on man. Just look at the 2010 draft. That is all you need to do.

In terms of the free agent market. How can anyone tell me that Nix has utilized that market effectively? We are 20 million or so under the cap and starting a guard at center and left tackle. And the Bills cut Hangartner, who would have been the key replacement for an injured Wood. Clearly there was mismanagement at some point.

Don't blaim Buddy Nix. Cutting Hangartner was srickly a salary dump by the bean counters in Detroit. Nix is operating under restrictions and you can take that to the bank. Buddy knows talent but if he can't get the OK to go after FA's, his hands are pretty much tied. Go back to when Nix was at San Diego. The Chargers were always in the mix for FA and Buddy Nix was at the center in aquiring talent. He comes back to Buffalo and wants nothing to do with signing FA all of a sudden?

Edited by LancasterSteve

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

spiller- playing behind a probowler. so your point is that we should stop giving the ball to our super productive back and start giving it to the back up. silly. until he is in a position to be a feature back the jury is still out. that is the reality of the situation

troup/carrington- have been the only depth we have had at any position no matter how poor it has been

easley- serious health problems, no idea what his ceiling or basement is to be fair

wang- 5th rounder and we have some ok tackles suprisingly, they all just happen to be hurt

moats- actually a decent pick in the 6th round. you expect picks this low to be expendable and he has played pretty well

calloway/brown- really we are going to wine about another super low round pick. wahhhh my 7th round pick isnt super great. lets get real.

looking at good drafting teams, they hit on the draft at about 50% of their picks. the last 2 seem to have provided some depth wich is good. there was an artice a week or 2 ago and we have something like 11 guys left on the team from the 2005-2009 with 1 from 07 and none from 08. there is no team in the league with a poorer roster than that.

take the gun out of your mouth, there is some improvement, but intill there is a roster we cant make realistic judgments. or if you would like you can blow your head off because of 2 failed 7th rounders, a bad 5th rounder, and the guy we have backing up our pro bowler.

Where did I ever say we should stop giving the ball to Fred? I just said Spiller was a bad pick, which it was.

Don't blaim Buddy Nix. Cutting Hangartner was srickly a salary dump by the bean counters in Detroit. Nix is operating under restrictions and you can take that to the bank. Buddy knows talent but if he can't get the OK to go after FA's, his hands are pretty much tied. Go back to when Nix was at San Diego. The Chargers were always in the mix for FA and Buddy Nix was at the center in aquiring talent. He comes back to Buffalo and wants nothing to do with signing FA all of a sudden?

exactly Lee Evans was a cost cutting move too

According to Buddy, he spends a lot of time each day talking Ralph out of spending money on players. B-)

exactly Lee Evans was a cost cutting move too

Of course it was. There have been so many cost cutting moves by Ralph Wilson in the 50 years I have followed the Bills that I don't have enough fingers and toes to count them all.

Edited by LancasterSteve

According to Buddy, he spends a lot of time each day talking Ralph out of spending money on players. B-)

Do you really think this is true ?? I'll say it again' Buddy Nix's hands are tied by Wilsons bean counters, who call the shots in this stage of Ralph Wilson's life. I doubt we will ever know the full extent of all moves (resigning players)or non-moves (signing FA)by the gang of 3 in Detroit. As long as the veto power continues to come from Detroit, there will never be another GM with the power to spend, spend and spend as Tom Donahoe had, only to end up with shi**y teams. The entrenchment of the Bills organization as a thrift organization began again after Donahoe was fired non-withstanding the big money certain Bills players (again Detroits call)recieved, the Bills are well under the salary cap

My 2 cents-

1) Fitzbeardy is not starter material. He's more like a backup. If we are in position to sign Landry Jones or a QB with a strong arm then we have to go for it. Fitz's continued failure is his lack to keep defenses guessing. But how can he do that if all he does is go short zone.

2) This team is in desperate need of at least 4 pass rushers. 2 decent DEs and 2 ILBs. Who knows, maybe we have those players on hand already but how would we be able to tell when George Edwards is the DC.

3) We need big physical corners and free safety. You know, the ones that make you pay a sec after the catch. The Gators may have one in Jenkins. He'll be coming out this year.

4) We desparately need a #1 and #2 receiver. One will have to come from Free Agency and pray that the other is a hidden gem in the draft. They must be big, fast and physical. Otherwise, bring back TO draft your number 1 and resign Stevie. We can also try and go after Steve Smith who I think may be a Free Agent after this season. Cut Jones, Parrish and Naaman.

5) Talk Ralph into selling the team. He's been nothing but curse to this team. Also, Russ Brandon should be thrown out on his a$$. He knows nothing about Football. I'd rather give the job to Bill Cowart.

Do you really think this is true ?? I'll say it again' Buddy Nix's hands are tied by Wilsons bean counters, who call the shots in this stage of Ralph Wilson's life. I doubt we will ever know the full extent of all moves (resigning players)or non-moves (signing FA)by the gang of 3 in Detroit. As long as the veto power continues to come from Detroit, there will never be another GM with the power to spend, spend and spend as Tom Donahoe had, only to end up with shi**y teams. The entrenchment of the Bills organization as a thrift organization began again after Donahoe was fired non-withstanding the big money certain Bills players (again Detroits call)recieved, the Bills are well under the salary cap

No. I knew he was spinning a tall tale on many fronts in that interview.

If you told me 10 games into the season we would be 5-5, I would be happy.

Just me..

me too. but if you told me the last 3 Ls were straight shellackings that they didnt bother to show up for, i'd be pissed.

it's awful hard to imagine winning when your team has essentially had 3 games to show that their hot streak at the beginning of the season was not a fluke and they still fail to instill ANY fear in the opposition. the last two were over in the 1st quarter - not necessarily by insurmountable leads but by a team that visibly lacks confidence. did anyone see any coaches or players trying to fire one another up on the bench?

does anyone here think there's an NFL team out there scared to play the bills?