Team Still Growing

I've said it before, enter Bennett and Lofton. The acquisition of those guys changed that team. We are a few players away. Too bad about Merriman, it was a nice try. Had he been 80%

of his former self this would be a different D.

Yup. We make a couple of key acquisitions, coupled with a good draft next spring, we will be ready for a playoff run. I hope we can still sneak in this year, but we need to sweep Miami, (and possibly N.E.) and knock off the Jets at home. I don't see 10-6 in this division getting us into the playoffs.

I think people forget that last year we were a few short breaks from being much better then our record. The Chiefs and Steelers game were ours to win and we lost due to a dropped ball and last second timeout. We also barely lost to the Bears, Dolphins, Ravens, and Pats. We gave a lot of good teams trouble and with some of the breaks we could have been 8-8 or better.

Good teams put themselves in position to get breaks, and capitalize on them when they do get them. And none of our breaks were as lucky and random as say, Rivers fumble against the Chiefs. Most of our breaks are from making plays on errant balls.

I mean, remember the Jets beat both the Cowboys and Chargers on huge breaks they got from mistakes by the opposing QB like that endzone throw by Rivers where the ball popped up and was picked. By your logic they should be a 3-5 team.

I expected the Bills to get to 8-8 to 10-6 this year and fall just short of the playoffs. Missing Kyle, Bell, Williams and Merriman is giving us a little more of aan uphill battle to get to 10-6. We need stud outside linebackers to get a pass rush from the 3-4 and Jasper to come through. Then, next year is playoffs.

You can't put the blame on the defense for today's loss. They did all they could today. They were on the field far too long.

The Jets were not that spectacular on offense today. They had a long opening drive that led to an INT, 3 drives that went for long range FG's, one of which was a miss, and one legitimate TD drive.

The Jets scored two TD's today resulting from one non-call of a pass interference on Plaxico, and a bogus pass interference on McKelvin. The Jets got the ball inside the 5 yard line twice because of those plays.

It's hard to fault the Bills defense for losing today. The offense did not hold up it's end today.

You know what, your exactly right, except the defense did struggle a bit on 3rd and long - but still, it was a solid overall performance. And how much can we really complain, knowing that the Jets have one of the best defenses in the NFL with 2 weeks to prepare? I thought Gailey's game plan, while conservative, was a good plan, and the only call I'd question at all was the 4th and inches - and even still, giving the ball to your best player in that situation cannot under any circumstances be considered a bad call. In that situation, against a great D coming off a bye, you SHOULD have a conservative game plan. The idea was to try and control the clock and keep the game close until half-time, where we can make adjustments, and not show the Jets anything they can adjust to, thereby eliminating the advantage of the bye in the 2nd half. Unfortunately, due to 2 plays that were quite beyond the control of Gailey (the Jackson fumble and the phantom PI call on McKelvin - who played very well THANK YOU VERY MUCH), a one score game spiraled quickly into a large deficit. After this, the Bills were in fact quite successful moving the ball, and unfortunately the game situation was too far out of hand to mount a comeback. So if people want to blame anyone, they should blame Fred Jackson - not that I'm going to criticize the guy, he's been our best player all season, but his fumble really hurt - and they should blame the refs. But oh no - let's just run to OBD and start posting completely thoughtless criticisms and absolutely ridiculous amateur analysis while screaming about how much our team sucks.

It was not that bad of a game. Crap happens and teams lose some games sometimes, especially against teams coming off of a bye. But the knee-jerk reactions and thoughtless criticisms of so many of the fans on the board are just embarrassing.

To anyone who doesn't like this team: DON'T !@#$ING WATCH THEM.

Edited by SouthGeorgiaBillsFan

I expected the Bills to get to 8-8 to 10-6 this year and fall just short of the playoffs. Missing Kyle, Bell, Williams and Merriman is giving us a little more of aan uphill battle to get to 10-6. We need stud outside linebackers to get a pass rush from the 3-4 and Jasper to come through. Then, next year is playoffs.

I expected about 8-8 this year. The great start to the season was exciting, and the team has a legit shot at the first winning record since 2004. Would love to see 10-6 or better, but given how depleted the roster is now (meaning how many impact players are out), I think we end up 9-7.