School Supplies For Iraqi Children

I believe in general that people here in the states are truly trying to make a difference by sending supplies to school children in Iraq. I am not trying to mock out my employer either. It shocks me that people can be so clueless, doubly clueless that a picture (link) would be taken too.

I find it utterly amazing that any Iraqi parent with some sort of brain would send their child to school with this:

Dec. 2004

Once again... I understand and support the good intentions. Does anybody find this peculiar? Wouldn't the kid that uses such item (Mickey BackPack) be a walking target for terrorists that see them as "American supporters?" Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that people shouldn't support the US. Why would you make your kid a walking target in still a very hostile environment?

Again... Am I overreacting?... I just find it strange.

Give me one reason why would a caring adult send their child to school with one of these?

:devil::devil:

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
I believe in general that people here in the states are truly trying to make a difference by sending supplies to school children in Iraq.  I am not trying to mock out my employer either.  It shocks me that people can be so clueless, doubly clueless that a picture (link) would be taken too.

I find it utterly amazing that any Iraqi parent with some sort of brain would send their child to school with this:

Dec. 2004

Once again... I understand and support the good intentions.  Does anybody find this peculiar?  Wouldn't the kid that uses such item (Mickey BackPack) be a walking target for terrorists that see them as "American supporters?"  Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that people shouldn't support the US.  Why would you make your kid a walking target in still a very hostile environment?

Again... Am I overreacting?... I just find it strange.

Give me one reason why would a caring adult send their child to school with one of these?

:devil:  :devil:

174851[/snapback]

Trust me, terrorists need NO excuse to target anyone. They will blow up ANYTHING that is seen as being rebuilt to help by us anyway.

Trust me, terrorists need NO excuse to target anyone. They will blow up ANYTHING that is seen as being rebuilt to help by us anyway.

174926[/snapback]

I agree totally. I just found it odd that people are so clueless. Nothing is wrong with sending supplies over... Maybe a solid color backpack?

It just goes to show how "out of touch" people are. This is not a statement on which side you support... It is purely a statement about safety, the child who receives some stuff that might make them an easier (Note I said: EASIER) target.

It doesn't matter how proud you are, what your ideals are... All that matters in hostile environments is getting through the day. Sure we can say terrorists don't care who they target. Can we really back that up? There have been incidences where some people where selected and let go... In the long run, if you are in the way and don't get out, you will be part of the damage.

Again my argument is from a rational point that only has one priority... THE CHILD'S SAFETY.

Again, If I was an Iraqi parent and the most ardent US supporter... I would still have reservations sending my kid out with openly (Note I said: OPENLY) American goods... Self-preservation for one's self and family have to override any ideals in this case.

???