Did I miss something?

Sanners

I'm a long time member of two bills drive, but a seldom poster. I just was reading an Alaska Darin post and it struck me as odd, that he would have a clearly anti-Bush and Republican song lyric by Green Day, as his signature.

I'm just curious, because I know how staunch he is in his beliefs. Did you lose a bet or something Darin?

Note: This is not a flame, I just couldn't figure it out.

I'm a long time member of two bills drive, but a seldom poster.  I just was reading an Alaska Darin post and it struck me as odd, that he would have a clearly anti-Bush and Republican song lyric by Green Day, as his signature.

I'm just curious, because I know how staunch he is in his beliefs.  Did you lose a bet or something Darin?

Note: This is not a flame, I just couldn't figure it out.

174022[/snapback]

Darin is not a Republican, so I do not see what the problem is with his sig.

174048[/snapback]

Even if he was I see no problem with it. I know though who lean a little to the left have a hard time thinking beyond the "daily quote lines" the media tells you to mantra, but those with a brain don't always do what the powers want them to.

174048[/snapback]

Oops. I didn't relaize that Darin wasn't a Republican. I know that his beliefs tend to stray to the right, so I guess I made a wrong assumption.

Even still, the whole Green Day album is quite liberal in its thinking, and its attack on the political right of America.

That is my only observation. I struck it as odd after reading Darin's posts for years.

Oops.  I didn't relaize that Darin wasn't a Republican.  I know that his beliefs tend to stray to the right, so I guess I made a wrong assumption.

Even still, the whole Green Day album is quite liberal in its thinking, and its attack on the political right of America.

That is my only observation.  I struck it as odd after reading Darin's posts for years.

174087[/snapback]

Darin is closer to Libertarian, than anything else. He regularly rips Republicans AND Democrats.

Darin is closer to Libertarian, than anything else. He regularly rips Republicans AND Democrats.

174102[/snapback]

Got ya... Cool. It makes sense now. Thanks for clearing that up, its been (slightly) bugging me for a little while now. (Personally, I could care less, but I was bored)

I despise both parties pretty equally, though for completely different reasons. I do tend to lean more to the right, though those who took up in my stead are absolutely correct when saying I'm far closer to Libertarian than anything.

The lyric is dead on with one of my stances, which is why I use it. Far too many people are easily goaded by the media. This isn't limited to one party or ideology. The network news slants every night and right wing radio lies every day. The product of it is unnecessary emotion that leads to erosion of freedom.

While I agree with the sentiment, I certainly don't agree with Green Day if they think the Democrats are any more correct or even different than their Republican brethren. Both are corrupt and more than willing to sell the very foundation of our society to the highest bidder.

Thanks for asking.

I despise both parties pretty equally, though for completely different reasons.  I do tend to lean more to the right, though those who took up in my stead are absolutely correct when saying I'm far closer to Libertarian than anything.

The lyric is dead on with one of my stances, which is why I use it.  Far too many people are easily goaded by the media.  This isn't limited to one party or ideology.  The network news slants every night and right wing radio lies every day.  The product of it is unnecessary emotion that leads to erosion of freedom.

While I agree with the sentiment, I certainly don't agree with Green Day if they think the Democrats are any more correct or even different than their Republican brethren.  Both are corrupt and more than willing to sell the very foundation of our society to the highest bidder.

Thanks for asking.

174315[/snapback]

Man, I am happy I asked. I find myself squarely in your corner politically.