Drew vs. Brady

comparing Drew against Brady how funny.

I don't recall the numbers, but wasn't belichek 5-20 or something like that with Bledsoe and 20-5 with Brady. The numbers are off, but you get the point.

I can't believe that Bledsoe plays a few mediocre, acceptable games where he limits his mistakes, and does not loose the game for us (for once!) and he's being compared to a 2 time Superbowl Champion and a MVP QB.

Brady had a bad game. They all do that once in a while. You win 20 bazillion straight games, it's pretty easy to let one get away against a sub-par team. Even the magnificent Jim Kelly would lay a turd once in a while.

The denial on this board runs deep. If you want to compare Bledsoe to anyone, lets start with Trent Dilfer. Because basically that's what Bledsoe looks like to me. A liability who is not asked to win the game, just manage it and try not to make mistakes. At this point I can live with that. Because Trent won a superbowl.

Drew has one LA.  And (not that I like Drew) if it wasn't for him Brady wouldn't have two.

173754[/snapback]

You know what all the assinine fans in Boston are going to point out? Is that Drew almost blew the AFC championship game at Pitt... But, then he didn't.

All the DB haters won't be happy till they run him out of the league and vindicate their own beliefs. There would be a lot of teams that would be happy to have him

Like the stats say... He is as stable as a rock... He has got a lot of viable years left.

I wonder if someone could do a comparison with him and Joe Ferguson?

Just for kicks. . .

Brady on the year has thrown for 247 yards, 5 touchdowns and 5 interceptions against Miami’s #1 pass defense. Drew Bledsoe on the year against that same defense has thrown for 489 yards, 5 touchdowns and no interceptions.

comparing Drew against Brady how funny.

I don't recall the numbers, but wasn't belichek 5-20 or something like that with Bledsoe and 20-5 with Brady. The numbers are off, but you get the point.

I can't believe that Bledsoe plays a few mediocre, acceptable games where he limits his mistakes, and does not loose the game for us (for once!) and he's being compared to a 2 time Superbowl Champion and a MVP QB.

Brady had a bad game. They all do that once in a while. You win 20 bazillion straight games, it's pretty easy to let one get away against a sub-par team. Even the magnificent Jim Kelly would lay a turd once in a while.

The denial on this board runs deep. If you want to compare Bledsoe to anyone, lets start with Trent Dilfer. Because basically that's what Bledsoe looks like to me. A liability who is not asked to win the game, just manage it and try not to make mistakes. At this point I can live with that. Because Trent won a superbowl.

174392[/snapback]

Those SB's were won by FG's... EASILY Vinaterri could have been MVP both times... It doesn't take anything special to get your team to the 25 yard line.

Those were default MVP's anyone of the Pats could have earned it... It was just easier to give it to Brady... It is sad because they will never give it to a losing team (I think Dallas was the last SB IV) but, Jake Delhomme was more valuable for his team in loss... It should be MVPWT (Most Valuable Player for Winning Team) the way it is awarded now. :devil:

???

Look at Farve and what he done against JAX last weekend.

Brady played like a rookie against the Dolphins, a 2-win team.  He got pressure in his face and made horrible decisions.  So you see, he's not unflappable and can't "just win" all by himself.  I'm curious to see what the Jets have in-store for him this weekend! :devil:

174353[/snapback]

Im willing to guess even Johnny Unitas and Dan Marino have had crap games now and again. The thing is games like that for Brady and those guys are rare. They also have proven themselves beyond any doubt. I cannot say the same for Drew who has collapsed in the face of adversity several times. His track record when it counts speaks for itself, and so does Brady's, Unitas and so on.

Im willing to guess even Johnny Unitas and Dan Marino have had crap games now and again. The thing is games like that for Brady and those guys are rare. They also have proven themselves beyond any doubt. I cannot say the same for Drew who has collapsed in the face of adversity several times. His track record when it counts speaks for itself, and so does Brady's, Unitas and so on.

174438[/snapback]

Who holds the record for most OT touchdown tosses?

???

Its interesting to see the comments people make .. and how upset they get on what they perceve to be the intent.

The original post was about the "lets get rid of Drew" comments that ebb and flow thru the site depending on if he has "lost" or "won" the last game.

People seem to think he is "washed up" but the stats seem to indicate he doing no better or worse than what would be his average.

He has good numbers when it counts to ..

Yes he has not won a super bowl ...there are tons off QB's that have not ...

I also do not remember any QB's single handed winning one either ... its a team game .... I am sure there are many QB's that have done a very average job and still won ...

I also wanted to look at if Brady is as great as people think .. or as bad as his last game. Neither appears true. Brady has decent numbers for a QB ... maybe even top 10 .. out of 32 QB's. But he is not great. Not by a long shot. There are many who throw better, better rated, run better .. etc ... but he also is on a VERY good team .. I would call great .. great because they win .. and with any team when someone plays outside the system or does more than they should often they fail (another example, Farve lately)

So .... I just wanted to show some numbers that back up my feeling ... and maybe take a tad of the emotion out of it ..

Its interesting to see the comments people make .. and how upset they get on what they perceve to be the intent.

The original post was about the "lets get rid of Drew" comments that ebb and flow thru the site depending on if he has "lost" or "won" the last game.

People seem to think he is "washed up" but the stats seem to indicate he doing no better or worse than what would be his average.

He has good numbers when it counts to ..

Yes he has not won a super bowl ...there are tons off QB's that have not ...

I also do not remember any QB's single handed winning one either ... its a team game .... I am sure there are many QB's that have done a very average job and still won ...

I also wanted to look at if Brady is as great as people think .. or as bad as his last game. Neither appears true. Brady has decent numbers for a QB ... maybe even top 10 .. out of 32 QB's. But he is not great. Not by a long shot. There are many who throw better, better rated, run better .. etc ... but he also is on a VERY good team .. I would call great .. great because they win .. and with any team when someone plays outside the system or does more than they should often they fail (another example, Farve lately)

So .... I just wanted to show some numbers that back up my feeling ... and maybe take a tad of the emotion out of it ..

174730[/snapback]

EXACTLY!

Let me guess. Drew? Against whom? And what Super Bowl was that in?

174738[/snapback]

Unless you having something of value to add to the thread... like some actual conversation ... please find another thread

I imagine you beleive Brady to be one of the best QB's in the history of the NFL too?

I would find it hard to have him in the top 30 all time ... and no Drew is not in that list either

But Drew's life time rating is 76 and Brady is 86 ... if you want to look I am sure there are a LOT of QB's higher than Brady.

My point is that he is lucky to be on a VERY good team ... and as long as he plays within himself .. they win ... the Miami game was just a factor of teh game before when he did throw from his ass and make a completion ... and lighting did not strike twice !

Actually it had a LOT more to do than you care to admit.

No. It has absolutely, positively nothing to do with anything said either in this thread or that I have ever said on the site. That's called making a strawman argument. It's something you excel at - when you can't find an argument that has intellectual merit, start blaming referees, conspiracy theories with the league, irrelevant other events, etc. It's as if your endgame is to ultimately prove Paul Taglibue is Vince McMahon in disguise. It's such a tiresome act.

You'll find no place in the thread, or even on the site where I said that Tom Brady was my choice for MVP in Super Bowl 36. Ty Law would have been my choice.

You're either having an argument with a different poster, or with a voice in your head, or you're being contentious for the sake of being contentious. Since it's highly likely that it is door #3, let's try to show some class in the future and stay away from that nonsense, OK?

Better rated? Aw shucks, we might as well cut the dude then because his QB rating isnt as high as Trent Green's. DOOOMED!!! DOOOMED I SAY!!

All you need out of a QB is whether or not he can manage the game and come through when you need it most. Brady has done that and thats all that matters. The stat geeks can keep to their QB rating circle jerks for all I care. The only stat that matters is W's. They werent there PRIOR to Brady and they are there NOW. Hmmm..

Unless you having something of value to add to the thread... like some actual conversation ... please find another thread

I imagine you beleive Brady to be one of the best QB's in the history of the NFL too?

I would find it hard to have him in the top 30 all time ... and no Drew is not in that list either

But Drew's life time rating is 76 and Brady is 86 ... if you want to look I am sure there are a LOT of QB's higher than Brady.

My point is that he is lucky to be on a VERY good team ... and as long as he plays within himself .. they win ... the Miami game was just a factor of teh game before when he did throw from his ass and make a completion ... and lighting did not strike twice !

174761[/snapback]

Yet another football fan that just doesnt get it.

How do you explain New England's piss poor record prior to Brady taking over the team?

How many current QBs in the league would you want leading YOUR team for the next 5 years or so?

No. It has absolutely, positively nothing to do with anything said either in this thread or that I have ever said on the site. That's called making a strawman argument. It's something you excel at - when you can't find an argument that has intellectual merit, start blaming referees, conspiracy theories with the league, irrelevant other events, etc. It's as if your endgame is to ultimately prove Paul Taglibue is Vince McMahon in disguise. It's such a tiresome act.

You'll find no place in the thread, or even on the site where I said that Tom Brady was my choice for MVP in Super Bowl 36. Ty Law would have been my choice.

You're either having an argument with a different poster, or with a voice in your head, or you're being contentious for the sake of being contentious. Since it's highly likely that it is door #3, let's try to show some class in the future and stay away from that nonsense, OK?

Too funny. Maybe I should be more like you ATBNG: a cowering simp who accepts what's given to me without questioning it. It would make for a much simpler life.