Going to see The Walkmen today in Philly...

The Poojer

not sure if anyone is a fan, but I really enjoy their stuff....they remind me of a 'rawer' version of the Bodeans and Rank and File of old, and Dawes, Gaslight Anthem and old 97's of more recent times....

they are the headliners at a blockparty on south street and go on at 640 for any local philly folks that want to hear a really good band.

Astro..I have their cds and really like their sound..but live, they completely blew me away...the lead singer just leaves it out there...they closed with The Rat and didn't do an encore, and people seemed ok, as it would have been impossible to follow that up...

great band--long long time fan. saw them a few years ago in Buffalo and they blew my mind.

yeah, you just can not follow The Rat. When I saw them the singer had lost his voice. He was sipping on herbal tea inbetween songs and his voice was just a blown out rasp. But for some reason he made it work. Just a really great underrated band. Seriously, for my money you can trust anyone who covers an entire Nilsson record. That's just having good taste

Edited by Astrojanitor

saw them sunday night in Hoboken. No idea who they were, but they were the headline band to close out the night. the lead singer is intense with great style, the drummer carries the band- simply awesome. hope i can see them play again, i was lucky. Crystal castles next please!!

That's a pretty ringing endorsement, and it doesn't surprise me in the least. I was familiar with them and thought their saturday show was awesome...you went in not knowing them and enjoyed them that much....

that lead singer really is something...he almost screams in parts, but his 'screaming' is incredibly melodic...like i stated earlier, they closed the show with The Rat, and the way he sings it left me completely satisfied and no encore was necessary and in fact probably would have taken away from the experience.

I hope more people give this band a chance, they are very gritty and raw, but they have a great sound, and their live shows are 'simply awesome'

:thumbsup:

saw them sunday night in Hoboken. No idea who they were, but they were the headline band to close out the night. the lead singer is intense with great style, the drummer carries the band- simply awesome. hope i can see them play again, i was lucky. Crystal castles next please!!