Giants cut Isaac Hilton

It seems to me this is a very odd cut, and there may be more than what meets the surface. Projected 3rd rounder, goes in the 7th...then gets cut during the first round of cuts.

I wanted to take this guy as well. Perhaps give him a look, but its not looking promising for him right now.

It seems to me this is a very odd cut, and there may be more than what meets the surface.  Projected 3rd rounder, goes in the 7th...then gets cut during the first round of cuts.

I wanted to take this guy as well.  Perhaps give him a look, but its not looking promising for him right now.

12494[/snapback]

There's too much potential. It's not like the guy was a college LB'er or doesn't have size (he could probably add 10-15#), and his speed, strength, and athleticism are unreal. Like I said he seems like a project since he came from a lower level of competition, but he's be worth a shot. Who knows, maybe he missed a meeting and Coughlin cut him?

Sure, I'd want to take a look at him. We might not have any room on the active roster, but if no one else signs him, he might be more worthy of a spot on the practice squad than some of our own scrubs. Sign him to the PS, then send him to NFL Europe to get some training. That is undoubtably the root of his shortcomings. He's a small college guy and needs a little more seasoning.