BGiM's Mock Draft

BillsGuyInMalta

Just figured I'd put out a VERY early mock draft for the Bills. Before I post, I just want to say that this draft is dependent on a few things occuring in this offseason.

1: Re-signing Pat Williams.

2: Addressing any O-Line improvement via free agency.

I dont think the Bills can really afford to wait for a drafted kid on the O-Line to develop at this point, and with a plethora of good free agent O-lineman hitting the market, I see the Bills snagging one or two to bolster the line.

So here is my first mock...

2nd rounder: Antonio Perkins, CB out of Oklahoma

--The Bills would do well to snag Perkins in the 2nd round. The kid had a leg injury to deal with this year, but is a very solid CB who could develop into a stud. The Bills need a good 3rd CB now that Vincent is over at FS, and also Perkins would be an excellent insurance policy in case Clements bolts for free agency in 2006--

3rd rounder: Walter Reyes, RB out of Syracuse

--Even if the Bills dont trade Travis Henry this offseason, they still need some running back depth. Reyes, at the beginning of the season, was considered one of the top five RBs in the country but suffered through some injuries, terrible play-calling and ineptitude of his O-Line. I think he'd be a great pick in the 3rd round to give the Bills some much-needed RB depth--

4th rounder: Stephen LaFors, QB out of Louisville

--With Matthews signed to a one year deal, getting another young QB in Buffalo would be a wise depth move. Losman can take over the backup role to Bledsoe (unless he unseats him in the offseason), and LaFors can be groomed to be our 3rd QB--

5th rounder: Richie Incognito, C out of Nebraska

--Just some O-Line depth, it seems that must of the Bills backup centers are players who only play center in emergency situations. Drafting a real center would be a smart move--

6th rounder: Diamond Ferri, S out of Syracuse

--Showed some real versatility this season, we know that Mularkey & Company loves that--

7th rounder: Chauncey Stovall, WR out of Florida State

--Take a chance on a kid who really has underachieved in college--

• 2 weeks later...

Just a pet pieve. Why is it necessary to use the phrase "out of" when referring to a player's collegiate affiliation? Isn't "Joe Smoe, Podunk University" sufficient?

• 3 weeks later...

BGIM, who did you have in mind in free agency as far as offensive line help? If they do sign Pat Williams, that would probably rule out guys like Walter Jones and Orlando Pace. Not that they were actual options anyway, with the kind of cash they will want-and probably get.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.