[VERY ON TOPIC!] Daimon Shelton

jarthur31

I know this guy is a bruiser but how would you compare him to Sam Gash, if possible?!

He's not the lead vote-getter for the AFC fullback spot either. Some sports writers out there really think he's the best in the conference tho.

What say you?

I know this guy is a bruiser but how would you compare him to Sam Gash, if possible?!

He's not the lead vote-getter for the AFC fullback spot either.  Some sports writers out there really think he's the best in the conference tho. 

What say you?

172535[/snapback]

He struggled mightily out of the gate, of this there is no doubt. The first 3 games he missed more blocks than he made.

In the Miami game, it changed in a remarkable manner. The hit he laid on Zach Thomas to spring WM for a long gain was one of the most vicious blocks I've EVER seen.

He's been a playing at a Pro Bowl level since and his suprisingly soft hands and open field niftiness has been an asset in the passing game. He did make a glaring mistake last week, leaving the backfield to run a route instead of picking up the offside blitzer. That ended up causing an incompletion and punt.

He's been darn good since week 4.

He's not the lead vote-getter for the AFC fullback spot either.   Some sports writers out there really think he's the best in the conference tho.  

What say you?

172535[/snapback]

Sam was a special guy when he was healthy and I don't see anyone in the league who can square up a block as well as him between the tackles in the league today from the position. Shelton has improved but I'm actually just as comfortable with Willis in there in pass blocking situations. McGahee seems to have a more innate sense of body position and inertia than Damien in the passing game. A player as good as the healthy Sam Gash is something we may wait a long, long time to see again- and even then it may not be in a Bill's uni.

Well he's got my attention now because all Murph and AVP do is rave on this guy but I couldn't really trust their opinions on the matter.

I wish I could watch more games but all I've got is the radio feed. Only seen 2 games on the toob so far.

Where do you find who is leading in pro-bowl votes?

172583[/snapback]

Teams are announced tomorrow and they've had success in the past keeping the balloting under cover before the official league release.