Imagining the Bills-Lions in Super Bowl XLVI

Flem File: Even the losers get lucky

Anyway, the Bills' season only got hairier from there. They beat the Bengals easily in Week 4 (until the fans revolted and the league finally stepped in and began running the Cincinnati franchise, everyone pretty much did the same). Then the rust-belt roller-coaster ride began in earnest. Buffalo lost five in a row. Then it won six in a row before losing in the season finale against the Pats to go 10-6 (not 6-10 as most of us geniuses had predicted) and set up that epic rematch on the road in New England in the AFC Championship Game. Does it surprise me that the Bills sold out this game at Ralph Wilson Stadium even though it was minus-2 degrees wind chill and the franchise could only afford to show the game projected on a bed sheet in the end zone? Not really, no.

This has some reality to it. Buffalo won't miss 5 games in a row. Suh for Detriot is a great player, but we have Wood. He can man handle Suh and has done it before. Look it up and people will see he has man handled Suh in college and in the pro's. I take Wood in that contest and say Suh gets a in great deal but in all Wood has a better day. If that match up came to reality I give it all to Chan the Man as a coach and our coaching staff. They would make the right adjustments and turn into a frenzy. The issue with the Bills in years past in the 90's is no adjusting and going with what was doing right. This team makes adjustments and is not afraid of adapting to the field of play which makes them extremely dangerous in my opinion. I hate comaparing them as it's not fair to the older Bills but feel this teams coaching is better than the older Bills. Not putting down Marv, but feel Chan can make the adjustments needed. IF, and a HUGE IF we go to the dance, we can win it. Just because we won one game against one team, doesn't make us contenders. If we beat the jets in NY and the pats in New England then we have something. A home game does not make us contenders until we can dance on the road.

The chemistry is there though!