Defense? How about some Defense?

Dorkington

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2011/opp.htm

So far:

Total YPG: 26th (387ypg)

Pass YPG: 24th (272ypg)

Rush YPG: 24th (116ypg) 25th YPC (4.7 ypc)

3rd %: 21st (41.2%)

Pen Yds: 21st (181yds)

Takeaways: 2nd (5 FR/4 INT/9 Tot)

Are we back to the bend, don't break, defense? I'd love to see us come up with some more stops. We aren't getting enough of a pass rush. And I think our run defense has not lived up to the hype.

Thankfully... we have a kickbutt offense, and our defense *is* getting some takeaways at timely moments!

More optimistically:

OPP QB Rtg: 14th (85.7)

Adj Pass YPA: 13th (5.9)

Edited by Dorkington

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2011/opp.htm

So far:

Total YPG: 26th (387ypg)

Pass YPG: 24th (272ypg)

Rush YPG: 24th (116ypg) 25th YPC (4.7 ypc)

3rd %: 21st (41.2%)

Pen Yds: 21st (181yds)

Takeaways: 2nd (5 FR/4 INT/9 Tot)

Are we back to the bend, don't break, defense? I'd love to see us come up with some more stops. We aren't getting enough of a pass rush. And I think our run defense has not lived up to the hype.

Thankfully... we have a kickbutt offense, and our defense *is* getting some takeaways at timely moments!

More optimistically:

OPP QB Rtg: 14th (85.7)

Adj Pass YPA: 13th (5.9)

The biggest headscratcher for me has been the lack of aggression on defense. I realize with Brady you have to get him with a 4-man rush, but how do you not dial up blitz packages against Cassell and Campbell?

The biggest headscratcher for me has been the lack of aggression on defense. I realize with Brady you have to get him with a 4-man rush, but how do you not dial up blitz packages against Cassell and Campbell?

I'm hoping things are just skewed by who we've played.

Both Oakland and KC, I think, we were dialed into stop the run first. So less blitzes, and more stuffing the box. With NE, I feel like we rushed 4 all day and let 7 drop back into coverage. But how long will all the excuses hold up? We were lucky to come away with wins against Oakland and NE (note: I think we played well overall, but still got lucky). I want a defensive smackdown against Cinci. I want to see some sacks. Some tackles for losses. :D