Helmet to helmet

Donald Duck

Yes, what does that have to do with helmet design?

From the Snell Foundation

How does a helmet prevent brain injuries?

A good helmet provides the brain extra TIME and SPACE to avoid or reduce injuries. First, it is the sudden stop, not the fall, which causes brain injuries. Imagine yourself in a moving bus that comes to a sudden stop. Without a seat belt, your body would keep moving until you hit the back of the seat in front of you or the bus windshield. Imagine this: your brain tissues are like passengers on a moving bus. A good helmet acts like a good driver that gives your brain inside the helmet a little more time, a few taps on the brake, to come to a gentler stop. Secondly, when thumbtacks are used correctly, the wall is pierced, not the thumb. The flat of the thumbtack spreads the force over a broad area of thumb and the sharp point concentrates that same force against a small area of the wall. In the same way, a good helmet spreads concentrated forces from a rock or any irregular impact surface over a broad area of the helmet’s protective liner and the wearer’s scalp and skull. Instead of slicing through flesh and skull, the forces are redirected by the helmet. Not wearing a helmet is comparable to misusing a thumbtack, except that hardly anyone dies of thumb injuries.

Seriously , If you can't comprehend how the bounce back effect off of two hard surfaces colliding sloshes your brain on the inside of your head then I'm wasting my time trying to explain it to you.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously , If you can't comprehend how the bounce back effect off of two hard surfaces colliding sloshes your brain on the inside of your head then I'm wasting my time trying to explain it to you.

So now you know more than an organization that certifies helmets? What is your background? It obviously has nothing to do with engineering or physics.

So now you know more than an organization that certifies helmets? What is your background? It obviously has nothing to do with engineering or physics.

Why invent the Hans device or safer barrier, we've been racing for decades,

You are making yourself look stupider and stupider, I'm done arguing with you