Upset watch week 3

Ramius

I’ll continue my tradition of the 3 weekly upsets (no matter how tough it is to pick 3) Week 1 I picked 1/3 correct with Baylor over TCU, and last week I picked 1.5/3 correct. I got Az St. over Mizzou, and I count UGA over SC as .5 because SC didn’t win that one, UGA handed it to them. Seriously, who gives up 3 defensive TDs and a special teams TD?

For week 3:

Clemson over #21 Auburn: Clemson isn’t great, but neither is Auburn. The tigers luck runs out when they hit the road to play a tough tigers team. :thumbsup: Its another close game, and the nation’s longest winning streak comes to an end as Auburn plays with fire again, and gets burned this time.

Since that’s the only real upset I can see happening with any confidence, here’s 2 more just for arguments sake.

Tennessee over #16 UF: Tennessee has been looking decent, and UF is not as strong as they’d have everyone believe. UT heads to the swamp and leaves a bitter taste in Muschamp’s mouth, rudely knocking off the gators in muschamp’s SEC debut.

Arizona over #6 Stanford: I don’t really have a good reason for picking this exact upset. Call it a gut feeling.

As for the game of the week: FSU wins a nailbiter, 30-28, on a late Hopkins FG.

Got the same feeling about Arizona/Stanford - the inevitable wane of the media's love affair with Andy will begin. Sooners at FSU should be a great one, but I think Oklahoma will prevail.

(BTW, I cannot believe that (1) USC is hosting Syracuse and (2) the spread is only 14.5 - SU barely got by URI last week. Should be a nice chance for Barkley to pad his stats!)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.