TBD Mythbusters Episode 1 - Lee Evans As A Buffalo Bill

I'm not sure where this supposition came from, but I don't think it is even remotely accurate or honest.

The reason the Bills traded him was that they knew they weren't going to re-sign or extend him next year since he's a one-dimensional receiver in a complex offense. And between Fitz's average arm and an OLine that can't regularly protect 7step drops they knew they weren't going to get a whole lot of production from him this year. So they decided to go ahead and get something out of him now instead of losing him for nothing later.

Basically, they got a little worse in the short term in an effort to get a little better in the long term. Anyone that says it has anything to do with anybody currently on the roster is blowing smoke up yer arse.

Buddy said in an interview with a Toronto radio station that the Ravens approached him about the trade and that one of the factors that convinced them to make the trade was the positives of opening up the roster spot for one of their younger guys. It is entirely possible that this, as well as your point is true.

It can all be true. Just as it can be true that Lee Evans can be valuable in a certain kind of offense. And it can be true that trading Lee Evans made sense for the Bills to do right now. The problem is that for many people any decision by the Bills just HAS to be the wrong one.

It was already busted last year.

It will be inarguable busted by the end of 2011.

Lee Evans didn't fit on this roster.

The Bills need a receiver that can work in and out of hashes.

You can still take a deep shot a couple times a game with any of the other receivers and it will have the same effect as Lee Evans running sprints up and down the sideline.

Edited by Why So Serious?

It was already busted last year.

It will be inarguable busted by the end of 2011.

Lee Evans didn't fit on this roster.

The Bills need a receiver that can work in and out of hashes.

You can still take a deep shot a couple times a game with any of the other receivers and it will have the same effect as Lee Evans running sprints up and down the sideline.

I agree with this completely. I also believe that about halfway through last season Evans became discouraged and his willingness to get in harm's way became an issue. Several people on this board made references to his alligator arms and his reluctance to come back for the ball. Perhaps it was a mutual decision with Nix, Gailey and Evans that a change in scenery was a good idea. A veteran player who is obviously discouraged probably would not be a good influence in the locker room. I don't blame him. To spend the best years of your career on a team that is constantly rebuilding is not what a first round pick would want.

mods please close this down! All of this is being discussed in other threads. So sick of it. He is gone, and if he came back next year he would be a number three. He ran poor routs and Stevie was a better deep threat last year. He was a great guy and team mate and I think he will help Baltimore, but rehashing rehashed garbage is not interesting.

AGREED... everyone needs to get over Lee being traded, he was a fine player for a little while but we have moved on. What, with Lee we would have scored 48 points last week? jeez, give it up already. This is a new team with a new look and a new direction, it's about time, GO BILLS!!!