The Bills are actually... a pretty good team.

BuckeyeBill

I was quite impressed with the Bills on Sunday, as everyone was… so, I did some number crunching… and if we ignore the final two games of last year, (when the Bills had already packed it in against the Patriots and the Jets) the Bills have been playing some really good football.

Since November 11, 2010, the Buffalo Bills have amassed a record of 5-2, with one of those losses being in overtime against Pittsburgh (which they should have won). During this time the Bills have scored 164 points and have given up only 127.

Do the Bills suck when they play the Patriots and the Jets? Yes they do… but against everybody else, the Bills have been playing respectable football for 11 months now. I believe the Bills have discovered their identity with Fitzpatrick throwing to Stevie Johnson, and Fred Jackson slipping through arm tackles. This was not the case at the beginning of last year (Edwards trying to throw long to Evans, and Marshawn trying to be in constant Beast-Mode).

If… (and it is a BIG ‘if’) the Bills find a way to win just one of the four games this year against New England and New York, I believe they have a good chance at having a winning season and being playoff bound.

They definitely deserve more respect than what they have been getting. #1 pick next April? Are you kidding me? Those people haven’t been watching the new Buffalo Bills.

I love it, been confident the entire offseason though I'll admit it was tested during a couple of those preseason games. Let's just hope that maybe just once in my memorable lifetime (I'm nineteen) that the Bills can actually have a winning season, and god willing a playoff game. Go Bills!

Yeah, I haven't been on the same page as the people (like Sullivan on WGR - who I like to listen to, and who I think wants to believe, but like a kid who's been burned one last time a few too many times ago, he just won't allow himself optimism until he has proof, by way of validation on the field) who say we don't have a talented roster - that we're years away from having enough talent.

I like the talent we've assembled on defense. I think that unit could be successful with the players we have, or at most we're lacking a guy or two; but this defense is good enough to win games with.

On offense, I have been tooting the horn of our recievers for a while now. I really, really like Easley's physical skills and I think if he stays healthy he'll be a star. Otherwise, with Roscoe, Jones, Nelson, Johnson - just those four bring enough variation to have winning sets with. Add in Chandler, and the RB's, and you've got enough to compete with.

For me, this team is really only lacking on the O-line and at the QB position - and Fitz might play good enough to make that just the O-line, and they might play good enough to make us competitive now.

Still, if I'm Nix, I go into next offseason with the O-line and QB as my two major areas of upgrade. We shouldn't have to wait another 2 or 3 years to be a playoff team. We could or could have been knocking on that door this year.

I was quite impressed with the Bills on Sunday, as everyone was… so, I did some number crunching… and if we ignore the final two games of last year, (when the Bills had already packed it in against the Patriots and the Jets) the Bills have been playing some really good football.

Since November 11, 2010, the Buffalo Bills have amassed a record of 5-2, with one of those losses being in overtime against Pittsburgh (which they should have won). During this time the Bills have scored 164 points and have given up only 127.

Do the Bills suck when they play the Patriots and the Jets? Yes they do… but against everybody else, the Bills have been playing respectable football for 11 months now. I believe the Bills have discovered their identity with Fitzpatrick throwing to Stevie Johnson, and Fred Jackson slipping through arm tackles. This was not the case at the beginning of last year (Edwards trying to throw long to Evans, and Marshawn trying to be in constant Beast-Mode).

If… (and it is a BIG ‘if’) the Bills find a way to win just one of the four games this year against New England and New York, I believe they have a good chance at having a winning season and being playoff bound.

They definitely deserve more respect than what they have been getting. #1 pick next April? Are you kidding me? Those people haven’t been watching the new Buffalo Bills.

:thumbsup: