Hangartner on his way out?

Since Chan is getting Levitre work in at Center, I'm guessing the Bills are planning on cutting Hangartner and his $2.5 million salary. Salary chop continues.

It is very possible. I would be disappointed if they did. He really belongs playing guard in place of Urbick. He has the most experience out of all our lineman.

At the very least he can back up both guard and center positions. I think Nix wants to give Urbick and Rheinheart a chance first. If we don't see some results look

for more changes. I think he stays simply because everyone else is sub par. If Urbick and Rheinheart played great you might be right. My only question is if they cut Hangartner who is your center back up?

I didn't think that Eric Pears did a terrible job last week. Let's give the guy a chance to see what he can do before we completely reshuffle the deck. Continuity is key when talking offensive line. You don't get that by moving guys new to their positions around. Leveitre was moved to give Rinehart a chance to show what he can do. No worries with Leveitre stepping right back in and picking up where he left off after you give Rinehart his shot. But, start juggling the new guys and you got issues that could last 1/2 a season or more.

Could be or they could just be preparing for injuries.

He was forced to play center last year.

Maybe they should try him at rt, he was a lt in college.

Bell, rinehart,wood,Urbik,levitre

If Levitre didn't have T-Rex arms, sure. He's fine at guard and IMO, Hangartner should be at RG.

It is very possible. I would be disappointed if they did. He really belongs playing guard in place of Urbick. He has the most experience out of all our lineman.

At the very least he can back up both guard and center positions. I think Nix wants to give Urbick and Rheinheart a chance first. If we don't see some results look

for more changes. I think he stays simply because everyone else is sub par. If Urbick and Rheinheart played great you might be right. My only question is if they cut Hangartner who is your center back up?

I don't think that Hangartner has nearly the size or strength that Buddy and Chan are looking for at Guard. Geoff was a decent center in that he is a "cerebral" individual who was good at reading defensive formations/blitzes, and calling blocking schemes. QB of the o-line if you will. The problem with Hangartner, however, was that he didn't have the size or strength to handle nose tackles in the AFC East. Every week, we suffered watching Hangartner get blown up off the snap, collapsing the interior of the pocket. Well, Buddy has stated that they are looking to get bigger and nastier at the guard and tackle positions...Hangartner doesn't fit that mold.

If (god forbid) Wood goes down with an injury, both Urbik and Levitre have played center. Not saying I want to see him go, mind you, but I would understand if he was released.

I don't think that Hangartner has nearly the size or strength that Buddy and Chan are looking for at Guard. Geoff was a decent center in that he is a "cerebral" individual who was good at reading defensive formations/blitzes, and calling blocking schemes. QB of the o-line if you will. The problem with Hangartner, however, was that he didn't have the size or strength to handle nose tackles in the AFC East. Every week, we suffered watching Hangartner get blown up off the snap, collapsing the interior of the pocket. Well, Buddy has stated that they are looking to get bigger and nastier at the guard and tackle positions...Hangartner doesn't fit that mold.

If (god forbid) Wood goes down with an injury, both Urbik and Levitre have played center. Not saying I want to see him go, mind you, but I would understand if he was released.

This ^

That makes a lot of sense. The big question is can Urbick play. He may have the size and nastiness but does he have the technique? Can he develop in such a shortened amount of time . I would rather start a smaller, weaker, but more fundamentally solid player than what Urbick has shown us thus far. We still have a few weeks before the regular season so lets see. I don't have the stats in front of me but is Rheinhart more that mold? Who would be better if Urbick can't handle it? If Urbick and Rhenhart prove their worth than Hangartner becomes expendable.