Filll me in on the Jets

SoCal Pat

I'm reading below, or so I thought, about how we want NE to beat NYJ.

Why? How does it matter. They have 10 wins, and the best any of the other teams can finish is 10-6.

Is there a three-way scenario in which we get in and the Jets don't? Get me up to speed ... I figured they had to finish 9-7 for us to get in and them not to.

I'm reading below, or so I thought, about how we want NE to beat NYJ.

Why? How does it matter. They have 10 wins, and the best any of the other teams can finish is 10-6.

Is there a three-way scenario in which we get in and the Jets don't? Get me up to speed ... I figured they had to finish 9-7 for us to get in and them not to.

168311[/snapback]

All you need to know is if the Jets get beat by the Patriots and Rams and we win out we own the tiebreaker. This is due to the common game tiebreaker which is the 3rd step used to separate teams within the division.

Just read the post below breaking it all down. Very clear.

I'm still pissed over GB not winning. Presuming Pittsburgh beats Baltimore, we could've been in a position against the Steelers of completely controlling our own destiny.

168313[/snapback]

Yup....Thats what is really pissing me off

Presuming Pittsburgh beats Baltimore, we could've been in a position against the Steelers of completely controlling our own destiny.

168313[/snapback]

Don't give up hope just yet. If the Broncos, Jags, and Ravens all lose next week, then by 4pm Sunday the Bills will be in a position to control their own destiny.

Also, as long as we beat the 49ers, our final Steelers game WILL mean something no matter what.