Where is this country heading?

Let's try to have a "grown up" talk about where we think this country is actually heading.

I take a look around and see more and more troubling signs to the point where I think it's very possible there will be growing civil unrest and even possibly civil war. There seems to be a growing mob mentality between "haves" and "have nots" which is being fostered and fueled by the entitlement mentality.

I remember a theory a few years back from a Russian who predicted the USA to fracture into multiple country states and at the time it seemed crazy but with todays political climate it doesn't seem as far fetched.http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123051100709638419.html

With the epic failure of multiculturalism further eroding the American culture could this country really fracture itself? I've never remembered a time when this country was so politically and culturally divided with no common middle ground.

what do you guys think?

A few years of stagflation followed by a decline into Western European decay. The population will get older. Social Security and Medicare will eat a continuing larger chunk of GDP. Urban populations will further self segregate into balkanized ethnic neighborhoods. Civil disorder is further down the road, maybe 2020s. But the US will remain intact.

Like Rome, America won't collapse overnight. It won't take America nearly as long to crumble and collapse as Rome, but it will take decades at least

A few years of stagflation followed by a decline into Western European decay. The population will get older. Social Security and Medicare will eat a continuing larger chunk of GDP. Urban populations will further self segregate into balkanized ethnic neighborhoods. Civil disorder is further down the road, maybe 2020s. But the US will remain intact.

Like Rome, America won't collapse overnight. It won't take America nearly as long to crumble and collapse as Rome, but it will take decades at least

What do you think could alter that path?

What do you think could alter that path?

Honestly, I don't know. The problems have become structural and the structure is so rotten that removing a single piece of the rotten wood might collapse the entire structure.

Buy silver and build yourself a Dwight Drane bunke :P