Who said Peyton wasnt any good?

crackur

Foxboro Mike ... to win a SB you have to have at least a decent defense. THE COLTS DONT HAVE THAT!

It is NOT Peyton's fault that there defense gives up 30 points game! Also wasnt his fault that Vanderjagt missed the game tying field goal week 1 that Peyton drove to get.

I know Peyton is amazing but he cant play offense, defense, and special teams. Nor can he be the GM and sign good defensive players.

AND DONT EVEN BRING UP THE AFC CHAMP GAME LAST YEAR - THAT WAS THE WORST OFFICIATING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. THAT WAS WORSE THAN THE MUSIC CITY MIRACLE.

Harrison was getting raped before the ball left Mannings hands. I have friends who were Patsies fans and they were laughing about the stuff that Ty Law, and company were getting away with.

Heres a tip: If you knock the reciever over, then the QB isnt affective - jee wiz einstein - maybe theres a rule against that.

168999[/snapback]

Admit it - you took the Colts +7 in the AFCCG last year... didn't you?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. The idea that Manning calls his own plays is a lie that if repeated often enough everyone believes it.

168813[/snapback]

I'm sorry but the sound on my TV worked well enough last night to hear him call about 60% of the plays within the last 10 seconds of the play clock.

I'm sorry but the sound on my TV worked well enough last night to hear him call about 60% of the plays within the last 10 seconds of the play clock.

169015[/snapback]

Are they idiots or what?

Tony Dungi said himself that the OC of the Colts is lucky to have a QB like Manning who calls all his own plays.

Admit it - you took the Colts +7 in the AFCCG last year... didn't you?

169004[/snapback]

No. Not at all. Im not a Colts fan. If anything I would want someone to represent the AFC EAST to win the SB - show how good our division is. Im proud of it.

But I am STUNNED at what they let you guys get away with. It was murder.

No. Not at all. Im not a Colts fan. If anything I would want someone to represent the AFC EAST to win the SB - show how good our division is. Im proud of it.

But I am STUNNED at what they let you guys get away with. It was murder.

169030[/snapback]

There's an old NFL Films clip (Schottenheimer, perhaps?) where a coach asks a player, "Son, are they holding you?" When the player answers in the affirmative, the coach screams, "DON'T LET THEM HOLD YOU! DON'T LET THEM HOLD YOU!"

Losers make excuses... so do the Colts. Fight and play.

I'm sure the Bills always got the best of Danny Boy Marino only because they were mugging his receivers. :D

There's an old NFL Films clip (Schottenheimer, perhaps?) where a coach asks a player, "Son, are they holding you?"  When the player answers in the affirmative, the coach screams, "DON'T LET THEM HOLD YOU!  DON'T LET THEM HOLD YOU!"

Losers make excuses... so do the Colts.  Fight and play.

I'm sure the Bills always got the best of Danny Boy Marino only because they were mugging his receivers.  :)

169039[/snapback]

It's not "always" - you guys did a good job limiting Peyton the first week when he only threw for 2 TD's. That was because they would throw a flag when you would get to rough with the recievers.

The only time I PERSONALLY saw you guys tackling and holding recievers like that was in the AFC Champ game last yr. That was pathetic.

:)

Four interceptions by Tin Manning.  Six Indy turnovers.

NEXT?

169054[/snapback]

Yes. When the reciever is on the ground from being pushed over and the only guy there is a Patriot DB with the ball flying towards him, then off course its going to be easy to pick off.

jee wiz einstein

Yes. When the reciever is on the ground from being pushed over and the only guy there is a Patriot DB with the ball flying towards him, then off course its going to be easy to pick off.

jee wiz einstein

169065[/snapback]

No flags were thrown, Oliver Stone. No one's reposessing any rings.

And if it were that easy, why didn't the Colts do the same thing?

Oh, that's right. They were also gashed by Antowain Smith. :)

No flags were thrown, Oliver Stone.  No one's reposessing any rings.

And if it were that easy, why didn't the Colts do the same thing? 

Oh, that's right.  They were also gashed by Antowain Smith.  :)

169089[/snapback]

I believe I already sayed - about 15 times - that the Colts defense sucks. Been there - done that.

OH YEAH - PEYTON DOESNT PLAY ON DEFENSE.

IM NOTTTT A COLTS FAN. Your talking to me about the whole Colts team like Im a fan of the Colts. Im a fan of Peyton. TIS ALL!

169015[/snapback]

Kee-rist!

Manning is always audibiling at the line no matter what. Sometimes he's actually changing the play, sometimes he isn't and it's a ruse. Just because Manning has more liberty to change the play at the line of scrimmage does not mean he "calls his own plays". Manning has several options based on what he sees defensively, but it doesn't mean he can call whatever he wants in the huddle and then change it to whatever he wants when he gets to the line. He can't, and he doesn't.

Why the hell does Tom Moore have a job if Peyton's doing the playcalling? Most QB's in the league have three options when they get to the line. Two passes and a run. Let's say for the sake of argument Peyton has five options instead of three based on the personnel in the game. That still doesn't mean he "calls his own plays". It means he's good at reading defenses and the OC thinks it's an advantage to the team to have Peyton audible because he's good at it.

Manning is a good enough player at what he does without having to invent things that he isn't actually doing to puff up his reputation. The game is too complex with too many substitutions for the QB to call his own plays anymore.

Tony Dungy #1

"Everything is perceptions and reality," Dungy told reporters last week. "Last year when we lost, (Manning) was calling his own plays and he was criticized for calling too many plays on offense. This year we're on fire, and everyone likes the system."

I guess Dungy is lying.

I understand your points, especially the ones about fauxing an audible to possibly make a defense think they're changing when they aren't. However, it's a known fact that PM changes over half of the calls at the line of scrimmage and that Moore has given him that levity. It's not a media creation.

As far as your "why does Moore have a job?" question: Please. Why did Ted Marchibroda? :)

God forbid someone other than Brady is getting the gratuitous media rimjob.

Don't worry, girls. I'm sure Al Michaels and John Madden are putting chapstick on right now to get ready for tonight's on-schedule Tom Brady asslicking.

168786[/snapback]

:):unsure: So true!

Kee-rist!

Manning is always audibiling at the line no matter what. Sometimes he's actually changing the play, sometimes he isn't and it's a ruse. Just because Manning has more liberty to change the play at the line of scrimmage does not mean he "calls his own plays". Manning has several options based on what he sees defensively, but it doesn't mean he can call whatever he wants in the huddle and then change it to whatever he wants when he gets to the line. He can't, and he doesn't.

Why the hell does Tom Moore have a job if Peyton's doing the playcalling? Most QB's in the league have three options when they get to the line. Two passes and a run. Let's say for the sake of argument Peyton has five options instead of three based on the personnel in the game. That still doesn't mean he "calls his own plays". It means he's good at reading defenses and the OC thinks it's an advantage to the team to have Peyton audible because he's good at it.

Manning is a good enough player at what he does without having to invent things that he isn't actually doing to puff up his reputation. The game is too complex with too many substitutions for the QB to call his own plays anymore.

169210[/snapback]

Dungi just said LAST NIGHT during an interview before the game that Peyton Manning calls ALL of his OWN plays and he has more than the basic 3 audibles. Peyton is a freak. He isnt the "normal" QB - he is about 100x smarter!

Kee-rist!

169210[/snapback]

MOST QB's IN THE LEAGUE

LMAO - Peyton is the ONLY one who has that option other than BRETT FAVRE.

:)

Four interceptions by Tin Manning.  Six Indy turnovers.

NEXT?

169054[/snapback]

Well, at least if the Bills don't make the playoffs and their is an Indy/NE rematch you have just given me someone to root for.

It is too bad that Boston fans who I actually felt sorry for at one time because of the frustration of the Red Sox and Patties have decided that smug and arrogant is the way to go. What goes around comes around.