First string O and D lines

Dr. K

Careful ... Lots of Urbik fans out there. Because Whaley picked him up and he was a Steeler he must be good. Right?

My opinion is to give him more than one partial game before we judge. The OL takes longer to jell and he has very little playing time. The guy could not get on the field at Pittsburgh.

I am hopeful that he develops but he did not get off to a great start yesterday. If Urbik fails then what is behind him? Hangartner? Cordero Howard? Chad Rhinehart? Or do we go back to Hang at center and Wood at RG. Come on Urbik. Step up!!

I was an Urbik fan last year in the limited action I saw he moved guys, but if he consistently poops himself in practice and in live action then I don't care if they give him the axe.

Hangartner is more than adequate to play guard - won't get much of a push, but expect solid pass protection and at least he gets his hands on defenders. That is more than Urbik did last night.

Not hitting the panic button - it is like 3 weeks from their first camp so things have to be a mess, but that O-line needs a lot of work. We may not be seeing the final group that will start, but I do not agree with calls to move Wood to guard again. Center is where he belongs and the coaches have to fill in the other pieces. Hope they have their eyes on some better castoffs than we have seen - although Pears looks good. The only thing holding him back is being named after a fruit.