[closed]Bills holes getting deeper?

I have said several times that in general I like what Nix/Gailey have been doing. Except for their first draft (with Modrak), I think they have made decent personnel decisions and seem to have a plan. Obviously with a 4-12 team it is tough to magically fix all of the problems at once. There are 2 spots that really have not been addressed...OL/OLB

However the last few practices, both what I've seen and heard, are raising some serious red flags. Is it possible our O-line is even worse than I thought it was? I don't think Bell is a star, so when he got hurt I was interested to see if there were any back ups that could step up (Wang for instance). After watching the "backups" play, all the sudden Bell started looking like Orlando Pace in his prime... This offensive line is BAD. Erik Wood seems solid, Levitre is ok, but the rest is looking like a disaster. Someone convince me I'm wrong, and that our O-line is rapidly improving...

For the most part our defense does actually look much improved. I think we are deeper and better in the secondary, certainly deeper and better on the D-line. They have been playing well. ILB looks to be ok with the addition of Barnett, along with vets Davis, Torbor, and the rookie Sheppard.

The huge concern here is OLB. Merriman has looked surprisingly good so far, and has stayed mostly healthy. Other than him I haven't seen anyone else showing that they can start. The Bills have gone back to Chris Kelsay as the apparent starter on the other side. While I don't hate Kelsay as much as everyone else, I think he should be a situational 4-3 guy maybe 3-4 rusher. Not a starter. The coaches don't seem too impressed by Batten or Moats, they have been playing 6-5 305 lb Alex Carrington at OLB now...So we have a hole on one side, If Merriman gets hurt (obviously the risk is high), we will have serious problems at this position. Again, someone convince me I am just being my pessimistic self, and that we are fine here...

Other than that I think the Bills are showing real improvement at all other positions though...

Edited by Turbosrrgood