Fitzpatrick and Thigpen

That's really the only way to look at it. No one knows if he will take a step up or a step back.

I'm a big Fitz supporter now after closely watching him play in the 13 games. But I was dead wrong about him before. I thought there was no way he could be a legitimate starting QB in this league after watching him a lot before 2010. I was wrong, and I could be wrong again. But he never did the things he did last year.

Gailey is a very good coach for someone like Fitz, who is both physical and cerebral. Chan has the ability to bring the best out in some (but not all) QBs. He did it with Fitzpatrick. And if the line holds up, with all the weapons we have, Fitz could have a very good year. Right now, Gailey, Fitz himself, Nix, as well as everyone on this board, have an opinion on whether or not he will be crappy, average, good, very good, or great. It could be any of them, and will probably be all of them at different times. But the jury is clearly out on him and we'll just have to let the games begin to find out.

Well said.

Fitzpatrick's ability as an NFL QB and future as the Bills starting QB will be defined on the field by his own play.

When it comes to Gailey it is important to remember that this may be his last shot as an NFL head coach. As much as he may like Fitzpatrick I doubt he is willing to risk his job on a QB that he doesn't believe in.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/08/05/what-gailey-told-thigpen/

Thigpen has been showing good stuff in practice, so has Fitz. On BuffaloBills.com Chan told Thigpen Fitz is the man going in. Not to overly start anything; but, overall for the long run isn't Thigpen the better deal? Feet, arm, head, etc.... If you remember last year Chan liked a more mobile Qb and hinted around before he chose Edwards that the one he had in mind had better feet. So I just wonder, will there be a change before the season, or possibly by week 1 or 2? While I never had anything against Fitz I just believe Thigpen has a way better skill set to play the position. Thoughts?

Fitz to the HOF, plays 10 more years and wins 4 superbowls.

yep, they wanted TC instead of Jimbo as I remember

Kinda retarded post as everyone wanted Todd Collins to perform well, because Kelly was way past his prime. That has nothing to do with this discussion.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/08/05/what-gailey-told-thigpen/

Thigpen has been showing good stuff in practice, so has Fitz. On BuffaloBills.com Chan told Thigpen Fitz is the man going in. Not to overly start anything; but, overall for the long run isn't Thigpen the better deal? Feet, arm, head, etc.... If you remember last year Chan liked a more mobile Qb and hinted around before he chose Edwards that the one he had in mind had better feet. So I just wonder, will there be a change before the season, or possibly by week 1 or 2? While I never had anything against Fitz I just believe Thigpen has a way better skill set to play the position. Thoughts?

I don't see Fitz as the long-term answer. But Thigpen isn't the long-term answer either. It's very doubtful he'd be an upgrade over Fitz.