Ruud, Morrison, Barnett???

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2011ILB.php

Kevin Burnett, ILB, Chargers. Age: 28.

After a few forgettable years in Dallas, Kevin Burnett has really come into his own in San Diego. Staying put would probably be best for his career.

Kirk Morrison, ILB, Jaguars. Age: 29.

Kirk Morrison is a decent middle linebacker who thrives in run support. He's not terrible in coverage, but could be better in that department.

Barrett Ruud, ILB, Buccaneers. Age: 28.

I'm not sure what happened to Barrett Ruud, because he had an awful 2010 campaign after a couple of phenomenal seasons as Tampa Bay's middle linebacker. Ruud might be able to bounce back elsewhere - or he could be done.

=============================================================================

From the 3 you said I like Morrison the best due to his run support.

After a few forgettable years in Dallas, Kevin Burnett has really come into his own in San Diego. Staying put would probably be best for his career.

Kirk Morrison is a decent middle linebacker who thrives in run support. He's not terrible in coverage, but could be better in that department.

I'm not sure what happened to Barrett Ruud, because he had an awful 2010 campaign after a couple of phenomenal seasons as Tampa Bay's middle linebacker. Ruud might be able to bounce back elsewhere - or he could be done.

Yeah, I was thinking Nick Barnett from the Packers as opposed to Kevin Burnett from the Chargers. The guy is a playmaker. He might be 30, but that isn't terribly old. And he could teach our young guys a thing or two also.

I would like any one of the 4 guys to be honest. They're all talented, and we're a little short of that at the LB position right now.

Ruud and Morrison are cut from the same mold as Poz was...solid, not great and probably be better with a stud next to him cuz he's not the stud that makes the other guy better...make sense?

On the other hand, there is Burnett, who had a breakout year in 2010. Who's to say it's a system thing, or if this kid has found his footing in the NFL. I watched soe film on this guy and he is deffinitely everything Poz, Ruud & Morrison isn't! He's gritty and not afraid to jump up and plug a hole while taking on a blocker letting his teammates make the play if he doesn't. Plus, he's from Compton, so you know he's a tuff guy! I'd like to see what he and Sheppard could do in the middle for us.

Edited by Armchair GM

I feel one of these two players has to come to Buffalo. Both 28 years old.

BARRETT RUUD: 6'2 / 241 LBS

Ruud is the exact do-it-all linebacker the Bills desperately need. He is kind of in the same mold as Paul Posluszny, but he's more of a play maker and Buffalo needs to make a change in their line backing corp. Ruud will make a lot of tackles and could bring more impact to the middle of the Bills defense.

Kevin Burnett: 6'3 / 240 LBS

Burnett isn't the savior, but he's a great option for Buffalo. He is an eight-year player that has gotten better each season and has stayed relatively healthy. Burnett would bring athleticism, veteran savvy and a pass rushing boost to the middle of the Bills defense.

Burnett is probably the better option but I'd take Ruud at last resort

Edited by Frostbelt City

I feel one of these two players has to come to Buffalo. Both 28 years old.

BARRETT RUUD: 6'2 / 241 LBS

Ruud is the exact do-it-all linebacker the Bills desperately need. He is kind of in the same mold as Paul Posluszny, but he's more of a play maker and Buffalo needs to make a change in their line backing corp. Ruud will make a lot of tackles and could bring more impact to the middle of the Bills defense.

Kevin Burnett: 6'3 / 240 LBS

Burnett isn't the savior, but he's a great option for Buffalo. He is an eight-year player that has gotten better each season and has stayed relatively healthy. Burnett would bring athleticism, veteran savvy and a pass rushing boost to the middle of the Bills defense.

Burnett is probably the better option but I'd take Ruud at last resort

Totally agree with that.