active players

With the new CBA getting done soon why aren't all the players on the active roster active. You got 53 active but now only 46 dress (ooh' up one from 45 with the third QB not counting as inactive which means the same number of players will be dressed and so not an increase of one at all).This has got to be the dumbest rule in all of sports and should have been abolished with this CBA. I think the coaches should have some say in these agreements and I am sure they would want all their players available. I mean what is the point really!? I think having all the players available would help teams stay competitive throughout the season and playoffs because when a starter goes down there will be more players to step in to fill the void.

the rationale having such a rule is to be able to tuck away some players when they get injured without any transactions. However, one of the players' arguments that I do agree with is that roster size should be expanded along with the game day squad to provide less wear and tear on players as coaches will less starters on ST's.

the rationale having such a rule is to be able to tuck away some players when they get injured without any transactions. However, one of the players' arguments that I do agree with is that roster size should be expanded along with the game day squad to provide less wear and tear on players as coaches will less starters on ST's.

Yeah, ultimately it's good for a union and a football team to have more guys but of course that means there's a smaller piece of pie when everything is divvied up. In the context of giving back a few percentage points of revenue, that wasn't gonna happen this time.

Now if they ever expand the schedule, I think they'll have to expand rosters too.