A newer site devoted to the Bills...

Just so it's on everyone's radar, it's called BuffaloBillsDraft.com

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2011/07/udfa-preview-quarterbacks/

The guy's name is Matthew Elder… don't know him but I wouldn't be surprised if he's a member here.

We all know the Bills will sign a veteran signal caller and most likely an undrafted free agent "camp arm."

Matthew likes Ben Chappell, Pat Devlin, and Division II standout, Josh Portis.

He doesnt have Luck on the 2012 top 100 draft prospects?

2012 Top 100 Prospects

DE Quinton Coples-UNC

OLB Zach Brown-UNC

OT Mike Adams-Ohio State

WR Michael Floyd-Notre Dame

SS Mark Barron-Alabama

DT Jared Crick-Nebraska

OT Andrew Datko-FSU

WR Jeff Fuller-Texas A&M

OT Kelechi Osmele-Iowa State

FS Kenny Tate-Maryland

DT Kheeston Randall-Texas

WR Ryan Broyles-Oklahoma

OT Zebrie Sanders-FSU

DE Vinny Curry-Marshall

CB Janorris Jenkins-North Alabama

OG Cordy Glenn-Georgia

DE Cam Johnson-Virginia

CB Alonzo Dennard-Nebraska

OLB Bruce Irvin-West Virginia

ILB Donta Hightower-Alabama

CB Chase Minnifield-Virginia

OLB Courtney Upshaw-Alabama

OT Levy Adcock-Oklahoma State

RB Cyrus Gray-Texas A&M

OG Ryan Miller-Colorado

OLB Sean Spence-Miami

DE Andre Branch-Clemson

OLB Travis Lewis-Oklahoma

DT Brandon Thompson-Clemson

QB Ryan Tannehill-Texas A&M

TE Michael Egnew-Missouri

CB Coryell Judie-Texas A&M

FS George Iloka-Boise State

DT Tydreke Powell-UNC

WR Brian Quick-Appalchian State

QB Kirk Cousins-Michigan State

DE Adrian Robinson-Temple

OLB Nigel Bradham-FSU

DT Billy Winn-Boise State

DE Julian Miller-West Virginia

ILB Tank Carder-TCU

DT Josh Chapman-Alabama

QB Nick Foles-Arizona

RB Tauren Poole-Tennessee

WR Nick Toon-Wisconsin

OC Ben Jones-Georgia

TE Ladarius Green-Louisiana-Lafayette

DE Trevor Guyton-Cal

ILB Audie Cole-NC State

CB Omar Bolden-Arizona State

RB Brandon Bolden-Ole Miss

DE Vince Browne-Northwestern

WR Juron Criner-Arizona

RB Doug Martin-Boise State

OC Mike Brewster-Ohio State

DT Mike Martin-Michigan

OG Amini Silatolu-Midwestern State

WR Greg Childs-Arkansas

QB GJ Kinne-Tulsa

TE George Bryan-NC State

ILB Jerry Franklin-Arkansas

SS Duke Ihenacho-San Jose State

DT Armond Armstead-USC

WR Dwight Jones-UNC

QB BJ Coleman-Chattanooga

OLB Kendall Robinson-Texas

CB Keith Tandy-West Virginia

WR Joe Adams-Arkansas

OT Bradley Sowell-Ole Miss

RB Dan Herron-Ohio State

TE Coby Fleener-Stanford

DE Kentrell Lockett-Ole Miss

ILB Korey Williams-Southern Miss

SS Harrison Smith-Notre Dame

CB Brandon Boykin-Georgia

OT Nate Potter-Boise State

OG Kevin Zeitler-Wisconsin

OLB Danny Trevathon-Kentucky

CB Shaun Prater-Iowa

FS Trevar Robinson-Michigan State

DT Devon Still-Penn State

OLB Chris Gallippo-USC

RB Isaiah Pead-Cincinatti

WR Chris Owusu-Stanford

OG Lucas Nix-Pittsburgh

CB Tashaun Gipson-Wyoming

WR T.Y. Hilton-Florida International

CB Trumaine Johnson-Montana

OLB Lavonte David-Nebraska

DE Brian McNally-New Hampshire

QB Chandler Harnish-Northern Illinois

RB Lance Dunbar-North Texas

OG Matt Reynolds-BYU

QB Dominique Davis-ECU

RB Vick Ballard-Mississippi State

DT Kendall Reyes-UConn

CB Casey Heyward-Vanderbilt

DE Frank Alexadner-Oklahoma

QB Ryan Lindley-San Diego State

TE David Paulsen-Oregon

If so, one possible explanation is that technically, Luck is entering his junior season so as a senior he would actually be in the class of 2013.

Not saying that they didn't goof up but there is that explanation.

Just so it's on everyone's radar, it's called BuffaloBillsDraft.com

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2011/07/udfa-preview-quarterbacks/

The guy's name is Matthew Elder… don't know him but I wouldn't be surprised if he's a member here.

We all know the Bills will sign a veteran signal caller and most likely an undrafted free agent "camp arm."

Matthew likes Ben Chappell, Pat Devlin, and Division II standout, Josh Portis.

Not a member, or at least an active one but I do appreciate the shout-out, and I hope you enjoy the site and keep coming back.

Pat Devlin looks great on Paper but looks super raw on film. Dan Lefevour and our own Levi Brown look better on film than Devlin.

Josh Portis would be interesting as a camp arm.

Why do you compare Devlin to LeFevour and Brown just seems a little odd of a comparison to make? Also Devlin's film from the regular season is much better than his film during the FCS Title game.

There are no juniors on that 2012 top 100 list. All seniors, same goes for the prospect rankings. Until they declare for the draft all juniors are the class of 2013, which Ill be adding to the site before September.

Thanks for checking it out!

If so, one possible explanation is that technically, Luck is entering his junior season so as a senior he would actually be in the class of 2013.

Not saying that they didn't goof up but there is that explanation.

Kudos my friend, you are correct.

Well I hope you come around more often BBD/ME.

While there's no shortage of very intelligent people (and knowledgeable football fans) here, we can always use another one.

It's a great place to sharpen your view and strengthen your chops because you'll realize soon that several of the posters here COULD be professional reporters (all due respect to JW, TG, LC and other pro reporters who have and still do, grace this board).

I have a conviction that there are people in the industry who could do some "professional development" here if they chose to… because when you see that the Bills beat writer failed to mention re-signing Drayton Florence in a story about ways to spend to the salary floor, that tells you all you need to know.

Sorry to tangent. Welcome aboard and come back soon and often.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Why do you compare Devlin to LeFevour and Brown just seems a little odd of a comparison to make? Also Devlin's film from the regular season is much better than his film during the FCS Title game.

I think Levi Brown and Dan Lefevour were some of the best 7th round\UDFAs QBs in the 2010 draft.

I think Pat Devlin is one of the better UDFA QBs in the 2011 draft. So I think there is a natural comparison there.

Pat Devlin has been touted by many leading up to the draft as a possible late round "flyer" type of QB. I watched the few clips I have available, regular season and bowl game, and I was just was amazed at how he stares down his receivers. His release looks inconsistent, his arm strength is questioned. He probably needed to stay at Penn State and work hard on rebuilding his delivery. Instead he went and played with inferior talent. He looked like a big fish in a small pond. He'll be a baby guppie in the NFL and get eaten real quick. IMO he is just a distraction.

Josh Portis clearly has some maturity issues going from Florida to MD to DIII nonsense, but he has DI\NFL offensive skills. It would be interesting to see Gailey play with this offensive talent in a "Slash" role in preseason. He could do some really cool stuff in the 3rd and 4th QTR of preseason games. It would be fun to watch. The problem is you couldn't keep in our crowded WR group. He couldn't really be on as RB. So unless somehow he has some kind of crazy cannon arm he wouldn't make the roster, but would still be fun and good on the Practice Squad to scout athletic QBs or WRs.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I think Levi Brown and Dan Lefevour were some of the best 7th round\UDFAs QBs in the 2010 draft.

I think Pat Devlin is one of the better UDFA QBs in the 2011 draft. So I think there is a natural comparison there.

Pat Devlin has been touted by many leading up to the draft as a possible late round "flyer" type of QB. I watched the few clips I have available, regular season and bowl game, and I was just was amazed at how he stares down his receivers. His release looks inconsistent, his arm strength is questioned. He probably needed to stay at Penn State and work hard on rebuilding his delivery. Instead he went and played with inferior talent. He looked like a big fish in a small pond. He'll be a baby guppie in the NFL and get eaten real quick. IMO he is just a distraction.

Josh Portis clearly has some maturity issues going from Florida to MD to DIII nonsense, but he has DI\NFL offensive skills. It would be interesting to see Gailey play with this offensive talent in a "Slash" role in preseason. He could do some really cool stuff in the 3rd and 4th QTR of preseason games. It would be fun to watch. The problem is you couldn't keep in our crowded WR group. He couldn't really be on as RB. So unless somehow he has some kind of crazy cannon arm he wouldn't make the roster, but would still be fun and good on the Practice Squad to scout athletic QBs or WRs.

I do not get the Devlin love that keeps showing up in various places on this board. WSS has it right, he couldn't hack it at Penn State, played behind average QBs ahead of him, transfered, was the right man to be a care-taker of the Blue Hens offense ("go in there, don't get in the way, and don't screw it uo").

I think there is an ill concieved fantasy that he is somehow going to be Joe Flacco -- but think, where was Flacco drafted? Why? Because he had real talent.

Also, welcome BBD, look forward to reading your material, even if I do disagree with your Devlin idea :flirt:

Edited by CSBill

I do not get the Devlin love that keeps showing up in various places on this board. WSS has it right, he couldn't hack it at Penn State, played behind average QBs ahead of him, transfered, was the right man to be a care-taker of the Blue Hens offense ("go in there, don't get in the way, and don't screw it uo").

I think there is an ill concieved fantasy that he is somehow going to be Joe Flacco -- but think, where was Flacco drafted? Why? Because he had real talent.

Also, welcome BBD, look forward to reading your material, even if I do disagree with your Devlin idea :flirt:

Hey CS, what's your take on Levi Brown?

I thought he played well in the last preseason game against Detroit and am in a handful of delusional Bills fans that think he has some promise.