a real example of class warfare

Like BP in the oil industry, Massey Energy was an outlier in Safety and environmental violations, MSHA cited the Upper Big Branch mine for more than 1,300 safety violations from 2005 through April 5 2010 when 29 miners died. Now it appears that even that number is an underestimation of the true situation.

BEAVER, W.Va. --

The owner of the West Virginia coal mine where an explosion killed 29 men last year kept two sets of books on safety conditions — an accurate one for itself and a sanitized one for the government, federal regulators said Wednesday.

Managers at Massey Energy pressured workers at the Upper Big Branch mine to omit safety problems from the official set of reports, said Mine Safety and Health Administration official Kevin Stricklin.

Workers told investigators that the company wanted to avoid scrutiny from inspectors and keep coal production running smoothly.

This man should NOT be part of the deficit/debt ceiling discussions. Bad for him to do this... and supposedly not know. Even worse if he did it on purpose.

I've been shorting US treasuries off and on over the past year and a half, and I can tell you that every time I do its a whole hell of alot more than what Cantor is betting. Having said that, it's not the wisest move he's made.

Birdog, no offense buddy, but I just dont believe the U.S is your cup of tea.

Birdog, no offense buddy, but I just dont believe the U.S is your cup of tea.

thanks for your concern, but you're wrong...just got back from a sreamin street festival filled with goodness. bought a painting from a lady that's inspiring me through the roof...god bless americans. i'm not aiming for quixotic...gadfly will do. now fire away.

Edited by birdog1960