OT-Mark Mulder traded to Cardinals

Thailog80

As for Billy trading Hudson and Mulder, there's a thing with Billy. He knew damn well that Giambi was on the juice. He wasn't sorry at all to see him go. With Tejada, he wanted to re-sign him badly, but that was Steve Schott who wouldn't go for it.

Hudson and Mulder won't last past 2007. I loved those guys on the A's big time, but this year was evident that their bodies won't last for the long term. I hope I'm proven wrong, because those guys were so incredibly nice to the fans. I think I'll miss Huddy's oldest daughter, Kennedy Rose, running around before the game. I'm thinking that Billy has a hunch that the health issues with Hudson and Mulder are too great, and decided to stock up. 2005 will be a written off season. Starting with 2006 and beyond, the A's will always be contending, because they will have the best young talent in baseball.

It's either that, or they're dumping as much salary as possible to sign Delgado.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Billy trading Hudson and Mulder, there's a thing with Billy.  He knew damn well that Giambi was on the juice.  He wasn't sorry at all to see him go.  With Tejada, he wanted to re-sign him badly, but that was Steve Schott who wouldn't go for it. 

Hudson and Mulder won't last past 2007.  I loved those guys on the A's big time, but this year was evident that their bodies won't last for the long term.  I hope I'm proven wrong, because those guys were so incredibly nice to the fans.  I think I'll miss Huddy's oldest daughter, Kennedy Rose, running around before the game.  I'm thinking that Billy has a hunch that the health issues with Hudson and Mulder are too great, and decided to stock up.  2005 will be a written off season.  Starting with 2006 and beyond, the A's will always be contending, because they will have the best young talent in baseball.

It's either that, or they're dumping as much salary as possible to sign Delgado.

168342[/snapback]

Mulder does not have a history of injuries. He missed the end of last year, but that's it if memory serves me correctly. I don't know much about Hudsons injury history, but I do know that Mulder has been injury free for most of his career.

Mulder does not have a history of injuries.  He missed the end of last year, but that's it if memory serves me correctly.  I don't know much about Hudsons injury history, but I do know that Mulder has been injury free for most of his career.

168461[/snapback]

BF--as i said before...Mulder missed the last half of '03. THEN--he cpompletely loses it the final half of the '04 season. There IS a problem there that mayor may not get solved. Great pitchers dont suck for an entire HALF of a season unless they are injured. We are not sure that Mulder was injured the last half of '04.