Big Sam was almost a Bengal

buffalo mike

There were alot of Fat Sam jokes here when he was deciding who to play for.

Let's make no mistake, this guy kept his word on his performance on the field. His standoff against the coaching staff helped ignite the war path the Bills are on right now. The dominance of our defense starts right up front. Can't praise the front office enough for signing Sam Adams.

Let's make no mistake, this guy kept his word on his performance on the field. His standoff against the coaching staff helped ignite the war path the Bills are on right now. The dominance of our defense starts right up front. Can't praise the front office enough for signing Sam Adams.

Thankfully either GW learned from his "I don't like fat guys" days, or was overridden by TD. And also thankfully Sam took a stand and told the coaches he wasn't being used right.

Don't forget Takeo, he may have been a restricted FA but TD still found away to get it done.

London Fletcher was another big impact FA

Milloy has made a big impact, and it looks like Troy Vincent is going to be a solid pick up as well.

165351[/snapback]

And give some credit to the present coaching staff for how they handled Big Sam's outburst earlier this year. Lord knows how Greggggggg would have handled it. Mularkey gave Sam more playing time in passing situations... basically said here you go, put your money where your mouth is... and Sam sure did. I really feel that another big improvement regarding MM over Williams is that he truly knows how to deal with adversity and players attitudes and emotions.

And give some credit to the present coaching staff for how they handled Big Sam's outburst earlier this year. Lord knows how Greggggggg would have handled it. Mularkey gave Sam more playing time in passing situations... basically said here you go, put your money where your mouth is... and Sam sure did. I really feel that another big improvement regarding MM over Williams is that he truly knows how to deal with adversity and players attitudes and emotions.

165402[/snapback]

I still laugh every time I think about that sack last week. I have never in my life seen a man as big as Sam move that "quick". Not even just fast, but quick! And then fall right no top of McCown! Damn that was great!

I still laugh every time I think about that sack last week.  I have never in my life seen a man as big as Sam move that "quick".  Not even just fast, but quick!  And then fall right no top of McCown!  Damn that was great!

165408[/snapback]

And the only positive to that dreadful Patriots game was Sam busting thriugh the middle like the center wasn't even there to SLAM Brady.

165351[/snapback]

It was nice to get Takeo, but the reason the Bills defense went from lousy to outstanding was the insertion of Adams into the lineup last season. The Pat Williams/Ron Edwards combo was porous against the interior run.

Williams is a good player, but Adams is quicker and significantly more powerful. His past two seasons have been the best individual DT play the Bills have had since Ted Washingtons' 1997 season, which is saying something because Big Ted was ALWAYS good, even after he literally got fat on that contract and ceased to be a threat to pursue plays outside of the tackles.

The only thing the Donahoe did wrong with regard to Adams was not getting him signed the first time they pursued him after the 2001 season. Had they gotten Adams, that Bledsoe/Moulds/Henry/Price/Centers/Riemersma offense would have had the defense to get in the playoffs.

It was nice to get Takeo, but the reason the Bills defense went from lousy to outstanding was the insertion of Adams into the lineup last season.  The Pat Williams/Ron Edwards combo was porous against the interior run.

Williams is a good player, but Adams is quicker and significantly more powerful.  His past two seasons have been the best individual DT play the Bills have had since Ted Washingtons' 1997 season, which is saying something because Big Ted was ALWAYS good, even after he literally got fat on that contract and ceased to be a threat to pursue plays outside of the tackles.

The only thing the Donahoe did wrong with regard to Adams was not getting him signed the first time they pursued him after the 2001 season.  Had they gotten Adams, that Bledsoe/Moulds/Henry/Price/Centers/Riemersma offense would have had the defense to get in the playoffs.

165468[/snapback]

Totally agree. In fact, if it were dow to signing just one of them, or signing Fta Sam and a second tier LB or signing Takeo and a second tier DT, I would take Adams over Takeo, even though Spikes is great. Nothing makes a team better than a great DT, perhaps even quarterback.

I think he looked at the rosters of the Bills and the Raiders and figured he'd have a better chance of getting a ring with the Raiders. I can't blame him. While he has more impact than any other player, there were too many other holes in that defense