Will The Panthers Really draft Newton?

Does Carolina Draft Cam Newton No. 1?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Does Carolina Draft Cam Newton No. 1?

People tend to forget how high Tebow was rated last year and was speculated to go first. If Carolina was smart, and I believe Rivera is, they would select a player that is able to contribute right away. Dares, Peterson or Miller would be a great fit here.

People tend to forget how high Tebow was rated last year and was speculated to go first. If Carolina was smart, and I believe Rivera is, they would select a player that is able to contribute right away. Dares, Peterson or Miller would be a great fit here.

Except that the GM is calling the shots, not the HC. But! the GM will be openly stating he made a mistake last year in the 2nd round with Clausen if he selects Newton.

Personally, I don't see how any team desperate for help at QB would even contemplate Cam Newton, although it is a passing league he is NOT a pocket passing QB, he is a running QB that can also throw. Any team that selects him will need to revamp their entire offense to suit him, make it a very simple one read and run wildcat / pistol.

On one hand I'm so hoping that Carolina takes him so Buffalo doesn't have a chance to make their usual bonehead move with their #1 pick. OTOH, I'm thinking that if all the teams are "smart" they will draft for the strongest area of this years draft and go defense. Should that happen, Newton could pull a Brady Quinn and slide to a late first. Newton is the 16th rated Player on ESPN's draft board, I just can't see a Carolina paying this kid 50 million dollars guaranteed as the 1st overall, not with so many red flags and not for a developmental QB.

Edited by Harvey lives

I've been saying since mid-January that Newton is a lock for the #1 overall pick, and I've seen absolutely nothing that convinces me otherwise.

My guess is that the only reason we aren't 100% sure is that Carolina can't sign him to a contract prior to the draft sans CBA.

If it's anyone other than Newton at #1 overall, I'll eat a shoe; not just any shoe, my workout shoes.

I'll send you some Tabasco sauce to help with the flavor. Also have some kick-ass home made jars of horse radish. Your preference. Surely, you'll need something to cover up the taste. Personally, I don't think you can do it. :devil: