Don Banks Mock Draft

It does matter who this team selects with their top 2 picks, because these guys should be expected to start from Day 1, unlike last year's top 2. The exception remains a QB who needs time before starting.

No team drafts purely for need and likewise for BPA. There has to be some of both in your top 2-4 picks. A team that strictly goes BPA, which I what I think Nix thinks he can do will take a significantly longer time to rebuild. This somewhat reminds me of how SD rebuilt from 2001-2003: nearly all of their top picks were skill players: Tomlinson, Brees, Jammer, Sammy Davis, and Drayton Florence

A lot of fans think SD is a very talented team, but three years into their rebuild, they were back picking first overall. The notion that Buffalo can't take a step back now because they're two-off-seasons into this rebuild is false. And drafting purely BPA, i.e. Patrick Peterson or AJ Green, doesn't necessarily equal wins

Buffalo needs serious help at QB, OT (LT and RT), OLB, ILB, and DL for whichever defense they run.