Keys to the Cincy game

Mile High

Terrence McGee vs TJ Housmanzyadayadayada

Establishing the run early to open up playaction and keep us out of a pass wacky offense

Pick our poison. The Bengals can run it with Rudi and can pass it with Palmer and their wideouts. Neutralize one threat and force them to beat us with the other

Maintain a 4th quarter lead. yes it sounds obvious, but i don't just mean when the clock ticks 00:00. Maintain a 4th quarter lead to ensure the game doesn't come down to the right leg of one Ryan Lindell :P

Too lasy to look this up... How did Carson Plamer's MRI come back... Is he playing?

160282[/snapback]

EII, the results were negative. He got a good 'ol twist when NE's Seymour tackled him. It was a clean hit...Seymour was falling down low and got Palmer on the shins for the sack, and when Palmer fell under tackle, the knee got wrenched.

He's been whirlpooling and so forth, so if the injury responds , he'll play. I suspect that he wil be on a short hook, though, if he can't perform.

The B'gals still have a crack at a playoff spot, pretty much on the same need-a-miracle basis as the Bills.

The biggest key to this game is me hoping & praying to find an airport that has the game on. I haven't missed a game this year but I'm in danger this Sunday going on vacation down to Florida and might miss it. Dam that sux. They have very good wideouts and a decent running game so our defense especially our DB's & safties will have their hands full. We need this win bad. My mind will be on the game. Direct TV I'll miss you my friend. :P

All obvious and redundant, but I feel the need to say them anyway:

1. We need to score first.

2. Drew Bledsoe needs to do a better job of distributing the ball around to players other than Moulds.

3. Schobel and Kelsay need to generate their own pass rush so we can focus all our would-be blitzers on the Bengals' eligible recievers.

4. Win the turnover battle.

IMO, and important part of this game will be getting all of our RB's involved early.

Cinci has the 28th ranked run defense, but are middle of the pack on pass D. WM should be able to have a good game, but I think we are going to need him in the 4th quarter to close the game out.

If they run him 25-28 times before the 4th quarter is half over, he is going to be pretty winded by the end of the game.

Get Burns and Shaud out there to spell Willis throught the game. Keep him fresh.

The Bills chances at the playoffs are considerably higher than Cincinnati's

160682[/snapback]

Bills are a game ahead. If the B'gals beat the Bills, they both are 7 - 7 and CIN gets the head-to-heat tiebreaker over the Bills.

Then BUF plays at SF and CIN plays NYG at home. But the last week, BUF faces PIT at home while CIN travels to PHI - who have some mounting injury concerns and already have the NFC top spot sewn up. They may rest some starters.

And to date PIT is neck-and-neck with NE for the top AFC seed. So depending on what happens week 14 and 15, they could be very motivated.

Certainly, the Jags, Ravens, Broncos and Jet's performaces affect both BUF and CIN.

CIN loses a tie with the Ravens and the Jets (if they collapse and lost their next 3, wins against DEN, and I don't know about the Jags.

The Bengals are two games out -- that is way too big of a deficit in the AFC this year. There is NO realistic way Cincci makes it.

161140[/snapback]

Indeed - very difficult at 6 and 7. Clearing the table gets them to 9 - 7 and sticking pins into voodoo dolls.

Do you expect them to say "gee, the odds are so bad, let's lay down against the Bills." ?

Indeed - very difficult at 6 and 7.  Clearing the table gets them to  9 - 7 and sticking pins into voodoo dolls.

Do you expect them to say "gee, the odds are so bad, let's lay down against the Bills." ?

161154[/snapback]

Of course not. I do expect them to somewhat understand there is no hope for the playoffs and thus realize there is no reason to play Palmer and risk their future.

Really, I think the Bengals will play very tough and with a lot of pride. They have every reason to hate the Bills, and I'm sure they want to finish above .500.

Of course not. I do expect them to somewhat understand there is no hope for the playoffs and thus realize there is no reason to play Palmer and risk their future.

Really, I think the Bengals will play very tough and with a lot of pride. They have every reason to hate the Bills, and I'm sure they want to finish above .500.

161167[/snapback]

Naa, they don't hate the Bills. I've lived here for 14 years, and for 12 of them they've been a study in What Not To Do". :)

I'm a Bills fan since 1960, but I am happy for the B'gals of the past 2 seasons...since owner Mike Brown faded from team operations.

The only real B'gal animosity was against Houston (Glanville would run it up on them, and Wyche would return the favor), and now, against Billick and the Ravens.