Why did Weiss go to ND?

whiteboy

Also as we saw with the lengthy wait Marvin Lewis went through after being dubbed a wunderkind after he co-ordinated a unit to an historic level taht even with sure things and NF coaching there are no sure things.

Weis was quite likely a good candidate to get an HC position thi year, but given that the number of available openings will likely fit on one hand, some are going to go to great D co-ordinators rather than great O co-ordinators because that is what a team might need, some are going to go to some OK co-ordinator who is a good buddy with the GM doing the hiring or with the owner, and the lack of past minority hiring actually may mean that even on the Pats Romeo Crennel gets more bites at the apple than Weis, a bird in the hand is certainly alot better than there being nothing in the bush.

Even if an NFL job was a sure thing for Weis, he might end up getting a job with an owner who is not fully committed to the team or in some bad situation.

One thing is for sure with his taking on a bad situation at ND, he certainly will get his full contract erm to produce a winner after ND made the choice that Willingham finishing in the top 2 for graduating his players and producing 2 good seasons (the surprising job his first season and going to a Bowl game this one) was not good enough to keep him around.

The NFL is "what have you done for me lately" like never before. ND looks like a pretty good deal.

Maybe the wheels are coming off the Pats bus....they will have some big paydays coming up, and will need to clean house and suck...always go out on top. For the record, I bet that ND is not better with Weis than with Willingham. Keep in mind, the college coach is a recruiter first, a game day strategist second.

Not at all.  Weis has certainly had his input in the Pats' recent success. 

However, there are many instances where Belichick has outcoached teams, such as last year's Monday night game against Denver (taking the safety late in the game and yet still coming up with the win), that make him so tough to coach against.  Given that, I feel losing Belichick would hurt the success of the Patriots A LOT more than losing Weis.  Belichick is a smart enough coach to prepare for Weis' departure, so Brady shouldn't have a significant dropoff, but you never know.

160006[/snapback]

I completely agree that losing Belichick would kill the Pats. My point was that every chink the New England's armor is a welcome sight to me. I feel strongly that Weis' new job is a serious chink.

I completely agree that losing Belichick would kill the Pats. My point was that every chink the New England's armor is a welcome sight to me. I feel strongly that Weis' new job is a serious chink.

160068[/snapback]

A couple of years ago it would have been a serious loss but now, with Brady a veteran QB who calls audibles all the time, it's far less of a loss to see Weis go, especially so if the new guy at OC keeps the same offensive gameplan. And knowing the way Belichick is so anal about preparing for all posible situations, you can bet your last $ that Belichick has a more than capable replacement for Weis already on his staff to just plug in and continue on.

160068[/snapback]

I think that post needs to conclude, "Lord, hear our prayer."

:P

Good luck in Florida you pu$$y!!!    :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

I'd rather have CW anyway!

GO ND!!!

159812[/snapback]

Amen! I'm not sure who is the better coach, but I want the coach who wants the challenge. IMO, Urban took the easier path. Don't need that attitude at ND.