maybe i'm stating the obvious

eball

...how quickly the OL comes together and how well the offensive staff can gameplan. it's not the defense, and it's not bledsoe. it's clear to me that bledsoe's decision-making has improved. the benefits of having wyche here to coach him can not be overstated.

the line doesn't have to be great; it just has to be average. i'm hoping that this coaching staff will not continue to try and do things that its personnel can't handle (unlike the previous regime). what many "doomsayers" fail to acknowledge is that there is essentially zero gameplanning that goes into these PS games. the coaching staff is just calling plays to learn what their guys can and can't do. if we have good coaches, this will all be taken into account when it comes time to gameplan for real.

my expectations for the season have been lowered by the instability on the OL, but even "as is" this is an 8-8 team.

Mike Williams was can't cover a defender who does the old "Bruce Smith" type spin move. SACK. What's up with this dude. Start pulling you weight buddy.

Mike Williams was can't cover a defender who does the old "Bruce Smith" type spin move. SACK. What's up with this dude. Start pulling you weight buddy.

Mike Williams was can't cover a defender who does the old "Bruce Smith" type spin move.  SACK.  What's up with this dude.  Start pulling you weight buddy.

11464[/snapback]

I've only seen the first half of the game so far, but in that time, Williams looked good. Not great, but good. He wasn't (entirely) beaten for a sack either. The one sack on DB was from the LT not blocking his guy (as well as pressure up the middle). Bledsoe tried to step to the right, and ran into the guy MW was blocking. I still just don't see where this, "MW is terrible!" talk is coming from... He's no Ogden, but he's no scrub either.

CW