Catastrophic Success [Iraq]

What do you think? Are they trying to tell us something?

We effed the place, yet we kissed 'em?

I guess it matters how you define Catastrophic?: :blink::P

1 : the final event of the dramatic action especially of a tragedy

2 : a momentous tragic event ranging from extreme misfortune to utter overthrow or ruin

3 a : a violent and sudden change in a feature of the earth b : a violent usually destructive natural event (as a supernova)

4 : utter failure : FIASCO

- cat·a·stroph·ic /"ka-t&-'strä-fik/ adjective

None of them (meanings) seem rosy... Go figure... :P:doh:

I guess you can have it both ways, take both sides of the aisle and have the people fall all over it.

John Kerry, you got a lot to learn...

People these were (or at least are going to be) Cheney's words to discribe how the job in Iraq has been going.

Any comment?

Sure seems like a set of "choice" words?

Can you call the Bill's 4 SB loses "Catastrophic Success"?

Maybe if the Bills win the AFC title and take a trip to the SB and lose it again this year... Yet, get 11 of their starting 22 hurt during the conference championship, would that be "Catastrophic Success?"... :D

What does it actually mean? Any help out there? It sure sounds bad for somebody, hope it is not us?

WhoTF picks these words?

Hmmm.....We've liberated 2 entire country's in a matter of 3 years.....While anyones death is sad..More people die from murder in this country in a year than all the military casualties in Iraq and Afganistan combined..In military terms...The deaths in Iraq are far below expectations....We've removed Saddamn Hussein and the Taliban...Human Rights violaters to be sure...no argument there. So my question is to you....How would you do it better? Kerry offers us nothing except he servered 4 months in Vietnam...and earned 3 purple hearts. My friend served 2 tours in country with the army and never got 1. Makes you wonder. Before you flame away....Think about that for a second...Either Kerry has bad luck or something dosen't sit right. I don't know..wasn't there.

Hmmm.....We've liberated 2 entire country's in a matter of 3 years.....While anyones death is sad..More people die from murder in this country in a year than all the military casualties in Iraq and Afganistan combined..In military terms...The deaths in Iraq are far below expectations....We've removed Saddamn Hussein and the Taliban...Human Rights violaters to be sure...no argument there.  So my question is to you....How would you do it better? Kerry offers us nothing except he servered 4 months in Vietnam...and earned 3 purple hearts. My friend served 2 tours in country with the army and never got 1. Makes you wonder.  Before you flame away....Think about that for a second...Either Kerry has bad luck or something dosen't sit right. I don't know..wasn't there.

12386[/snapback]

Hell, how many people die from aids and cancer, we can tolerate at least that amount from our military. Is that Swedish math on how many military deaths are acceptable?