Where were you 25 years ago?

Just Jack

Challenger: 25 years later, a still painful wound

I was in study hall when one of the librians came across the hall and told us what happened. We all went over there to see the replays on TV. Next class was french class. I told the teacher, and she wanted to go see it for herself. Told her go ahead, we could wait a few minutes for class to start. One of my friends in the same class didn't believe me, he also went over to the library to see it for himself.

I had been working evening shift, so I had just rolled out of bed and went downstairs for some breakfast. My mom told me "The space shuttle just blew up". I watched the familiar replay over and over as the announcers tried to find the words to say when it was obvious there would be no survivors. Very sad day; hard to believe it's been 25 years.

I was channel surfing and saw it on TV

I was as shocked and as saddened as I was when I heard Princess Diana died...In other words, it did not affect me in the least

We can't let the suffering of others affect us. Now as we speak, there are people laying dead in car wrecks, laying in the street dying of bullet wounds, dying in war, starving to death, racked in pain while dying of cancer

Why should we suffer for people just because their deaths are covered on CNN?