Green or Peterson

BeastMode54

It looks like Buddy likes to draft players with initials instead of first names in the first round so it looks like we will get A.J.

A.J. and C.J. in our offense. Too bad we still didn't have J.P.

Lol...

here is a nice but exotic kind of theory on how to get a better football team...

Identify the spots where you are good and make sure you keep those players.

Identify the areas where your really suck...like offensive line, defensive line, linebacker, tight end. Get better in those areas.

That means not drafting a running back when you have two pretty good ones and no offensive tackle.

More important for the present situation don't draft a WR when you have Johnson, Evans, Parrish etc. d

I think that the DB's do better with more pressure to make the other teams throw more (as an improved NT/DT tandem would serve to stuff the run). A consistent pass rush would also force opposing QB's to make faster decisions than they were in position for or wanted to make.

The LB's will have less of a burden to shed as many blocks as well, if we get stouter up front, thus allowing them to stop opposing RB's before getting to that 2nd or 3rd tier of the defense.

I argue that Bruce Smith made our backfield better.

Right now we have no pass rush. We also have no run defense outside of Kyle Williams. And by the mid-end of last season, opposing teams learned how to double Williams. We were then exposed to be not very good.

Getting a Dareus or a Fairley would go a long way to shoring up our D-line. I also understand that the NT from Miami will be a free agent. 2 of those guys, plus Troupe and Williams should be good.