Prospect of the Day

Estro

Chan Gailey seems to like every prospect he's been asked about this week, but when he talked about Kelvin Sheppard I believed him (see Wednesday's Senior Bowl presser, on BuffaloBills.com). Couple that with the fact that he plays at a position of need, ILB, and that he's played at a high level for 4 years in the SEC at LSU, and I think he could be a Buddy Nix guy when it's all said and done. I also think Buddy Nix's comments in his interview with Chris Brown (on BuffaloBills.com) that they'll need to add another ILB or 2 were pretty telling. He obviously sees ILB as much more of an area of need over OLB.

A quick bio recapping his career at LSU:

http://www.seniorbowl.com/playerinfo.asp?ID=353

At a shade over 6'2" and 250 lbs. he seems to have plenty of size for the 3-4 as well. The guy was a leader and team captain for one of the nations best defenses and was selected to the First Team All SEC. I believe Sheppards stock was in the late 2nd - 3rd round range, but when the dust settles he'll probably be a solid second round pick. At the moment pick #34 seems a bit high, but with some maneuvering on draft day I could definitely see Sheppard in a Bills uniform on Sundays.

2 Videos to get a quick look at Sheppard. First is a quick highlight reel, the second a post game press conference:

Edited by Estro