Tie Break with Jests

pkwwjd

If we end up being tied with the Jests, I seems that most likely we win the tiebreaker.

According to NFL Tiebreaking Rules, you break the tie within the division first, even if it is a 3 or more way tie among wildcard teams from differing divisions.

The division tiebreak goes

1. Head to head -- push

2. Divisional Record -- push -- if NY loses to NE as one of their 2 or 3 losses.

3. Record vs common opponents

We have 8 opponents in common outside the division. Currently, the Jests stand at 4-2, still to play home vs. Seattle and @ StLouis. Our record is 4-1, still to play @ Cin, @ SF, home vs. Pit. I think our chances are of going 2-1 are at least as good, probably better than, as NY going 1-1. StLouis is banged up, but at home are still dangerous. Seattle and StLouis are still playing for the division title -- sad as that may be. If the tie break process gets beyond this, NY wins based on conference record.

All that being said, we still need to run the table. Focus on beating Cinci.

If we end up being tied with the Jests, I seems that most likely we win the tiebreaker.

According to NFL Tiebreaking Rules, you break the tie within the division first, even if it is a 3 or more way tie among wildcard teams from differing divisions.

The division tiebreak goes

1.  Head to head -- push

2.  Divisional Record -- push -- if NY loses to NE as one of their 2 or 3 losses.

3.  Record vs common opponents

We have 8 opponents in common outside the division.  Currently, the Jests stand at 4-2, still to play home vs. Seattle and @ StLouis.  Our record is 4-1, still to play @ Cin, @ SF, home vs. Pit.  I think our chances are of going 2-1 are at least as good, probably better than, as NY going 1-1.  StLouis is banged up, but at home are still dangerous.  Seattle and StLouis are still playing for the division title -- sad as that may be.  If the tie break process gets beyond this, NY wins based on conference record.

All that being said, we still need to run the table.  Focus on beating Cinci.

158150[/snapback]

IF we run the table, and the Jets lose to NE, and either St. Louis or Seattle, we would finish 2nd in the East, ahead of the Jets...CD