Bills vs Broncos next year..Dare I dream Newton vs Tebow!!

RichardBag

No doubt Newton can sling it. He has a great arm and was very accurate given the offensive system he was in. But poeple aren't calling him a running quarterback just because he's black. He had 20 rushing TDs to go along with his 30 passing. He attempted 280 passes...and 264 rushes. Pretty even split.

That's why some highlight his running ability as a QB. Not because of his race.

Which doesn't say much to his abilities as a QB as much as it says to his athletic ability. I have compared him to Daunte Culpepper in the past because of his ability to use his body and to Vince Young for his strength. Daunte would foolishly use his body to beat a defender, Newton doesn't always do this but does leave himself open for a hit by a much harder hitting NFL player. Young would force the ball long, like Cam can do, even though Cam has much better touch on the short balls. All I saw when I watched Newton was a guy putting the ball where it needs to be on passing designed perfectly to get his primary guy the ball, just like Tebow in Florida. When it was time to check his other targets he couldn't find a situation he liked and would run. We need a QB who can get the ball to Johnson for the play, and to Evans for the YAC, a guy who can develop a TE in to a passing threat, and a guy who can lead with his arm.

First off it's "Amish"

Secondly, Amish QB's tend to get it done better in the NFL than glitter college QB's. You could field an entire roster of college superstars who's done nothing in the NFL. Will these two be the exception, maybe, but not likely. From what I saw of Tebow, he had one pretty good game and two average at best. Were they above average for a rookie, probably, but does that mean he will continue to improve, who knows. So to cal lhim a superstar is based on nothing but hope. Ususually gimic players can look good for a season or so until enough teams get film on them and figure out how to stop them.

Look at Flutie, his first year in Buffalo, looked great, made the pro-bowl, second year, average (except in his own press conferences). Why cause teams figured out, clog the middle and don't let him take off and run. Make him throw to the outsdie. Once they did that, he was nothing special and you saw why he played in Canada and everywhere but the NFL all those years. I see a similar future for Tebow. And BTW, Tebow is no more a "winner" than Flutie was in college.

The last time we’ve been relevant was during the short Flutie era. I’ll take a Flutie or a Tebow and hopefully Cam all day long over what we’ve had and what we have now. You’re probably the type that preferred Trent Edwards over Vick when Vick was available via free agency. This team needs excitement, not 70 yr. old GMs, minor league coaches, 3rd tier players and career backup QBs.

Newbie... Welcome and thanks for your 2 cents. Personal attacks are not welcomed here. What I mean to say is... This is the reason I work at home with the shades down... I can't deal with society and they way people are rude to one another... I prefer to deal with people on these messageboards only. I love 2 things... My peeps on the board and a good serial murder investigation!

So, sesnapapa, are you also RichardBag?

If you just live for your peeps on this board, with 14 posts under your belt, you can just create someone who agrees with you.

Ahhh, life on the internet.

Why does every Newton discussion have to deteriorate into this BS, ignorant statement?

What is the BS in that statement? I've said before Newton reminds me of some rather failed QB's.

He is like Young in that he uses his god-given size and talents to beat defenders and that will not cut it when he's facing the elite players of the NFL. His decision making is similar to Russell because he cannot read through a defense and will use his strength to put the ball anywhere, good or bad. You see, Russell was just like Newton, he had plays designed perfectly to get his WR's open and exploit the defense and that will not fly in the NFL with the top notch DB's. Once in a while it will work.

If I compare him to Ryan Leaf on his decision making will you not be so upset? If I compare him to Ben Roethlisberger? Ben uses his massive size to try to beat QB's, similar to what Culpepper, Palmer, Rob Johnson, Leftwhich and Pennington, and gets himself beat up time and time again. Newton doesn't take the hits like a QB should and uses his body as a rag doll and wins by his given talent. I did not see him make one decision in the national championship that didn't involve running. I do not know where his stats would be for this, but I bet 80% of his passes went to the primary designated player and the other 20% went to the bailout player (RB, TE).

Nope, Cam Newton doesn't have to be compared to Vince Young or JaMarcuss Russell, but I can promise you this - he's not that good and will not do sht in the NFL. Mark my words, hell put it as your sig line, we'll wait 4 years and talk about it then.

What is the BS in that statement? I've said before Newton reminds me of some rather failed QB's.

He is like Young in that he uses his god-given size and talents to beat defenders and that will not cut it when he's facing the elite players of the NFL. His decision making is similar to Russell because he cannot read through a defense and will use his strength to put the ball anywhere, good or bad. You see, Russell was just like Newton, he had plays designed perfectly to get his WR's open and exploit the defense and that will not fly in the NFL with the top notch DB's. Once in a while it will work.

If I compare him to Ryan Leaf on his decision making will you not be so upset? If I compare him to Ben Roethlisberger? Ben uses his massive size to try to beat QB's, similar to what Culpepper, Palmer, Rob Johnson, Leftwhich and Pennington, and gets himself beat up time and time again. Newton doesn't take the hits like a QB should and uses his body as a rag doll and wins by his given talent. I did not see him make one decision in the national championship that didn't involve running. I do not know where his stats would be for this, but I bet 80% of his passes went to the primary designated player and the other 20% went to the bailout player (RB, TE).

Nope, Cam Newton doesn't have to be compared to Vince Young or JaMarcuss Russell, but I can promise you this - he's not that good and will not do sht in the NFL. Mark my words, hell put it as your sig line, we'll wait 4 years and talk about it then.

The offense at Auburn is designed for the QB to run and pass. This is the case with most if not all of the spread offenses in college. The point being made is that the reality is with CAM it is being look at as a negative instead of a positive thing.A qb in the NFL that is mobile is a definite plus, and I'm sure he can learn to slide to avoid some big hits. The only thing that will keep him from being successful is how his decision making will progress in the NFL. The comparison to Russell and Young, come on...two head cases. I think Tebow is the fair comparison and just like with him, somebody will fall in love with him and he will as the first post stated definetly bring excitement to his team. And if he is successful the same folks who are saying we shouldn't draft him, will say the Bill's front office sucks for not taking him. I say take him, because if we are really putting our faith in Fitz, I hope everyone is happy with competing hard and not winning. I think Cam could easily go 4-12 or better in his first year. Our qb who couldn't beat out C Palmer, yeah that's a reason not to draft a guy.